PDA

View Full Version : I need of lots of input......

mom2chrisnluke
08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I have the wonderful opportunity as a rep for a manufacturer to work on some product development!!! So I propsosed the idea of some cloth diapers that are more cost effective since that was my biggest restraint in doing more cloth diapers for my own children....cost of investment!

But having not done much cloth diapering I really need lots of insight and direction.......

So from all you super cloth diaper savvy moms.......If you could create the perfect cloth diaper what things would you want, not want, or look for? What about the cloth diaper you choose made you purchase it, cost, look, comfort, ease of use?? Just tell me anything and everything you would want someone to know that was going to mass produce cloth diapers!

I am really excited about this project and getting cloth diaper more accessible to those who struggle with the initial costs!!

Thanks for the input!!!

Leah

knitlove
08-18-2007, 04:50 AM
I don't have any thing useful to add, ( no CD experience, yet :)) but that sounds really neat.

lmgeenw
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Right now I am looking for something that is natural (no plastic or poly) and that is absobant and trim. I also want it to be breathable and not cause rashes. Cute colors and designs are a plus.

brandi
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
The first thing I looked at was price. That's why I started with CPF, they're cheaper. Then I I wanted something that was a little easier, as my DS hates to sit still, esp. during diaper changes. So I shopped around and decided that for the price and ease of use, I would go with the ME OS diaper. Now a big concern of mine is what kind of material is the diaper made with. I am a lot more conscious of the impact that bleaching fabrics has on our environment. Also I prefer an organic fabric, as the use of pesticides isn't good for the environment either.

I have read a lot on the use of hemp to make dipes, as it is a far more sustainable crop than cotton, and also the use of bamboo, for it's sustainability. However, I have read that bamboo might not be as durable as say, hemp or cotton.

I hope this helps, and let me know if there are any other specific questions you have that I might could answer. :rockon :heart