PDA

View Full Version : cloth trainers

Mama Rophe
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
my 3 yo really needs some with a waterproof layer. He will not wear diapers and he wets once maybe two times a night. (see my thread in little explorers)

He does not like to wear underwear type at night. Just his jammie pants and shirt. Is there such a thing as boxer style trainers? Or am I just dreaming?

Marielle
08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
actually there's a mom on my sewing board that just made some boxer brief trainers for her kid. Don't know if she's selling them but she does have a hyena cart presence.

Mama Rophe
08-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Could you ask her how she did it? I would love to just make them myself. It would be way cheaper.

Marielle
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I remember how she did it - she posted the process. She used the Ottobre boxer brief pattern (it's a finnish pattern mag that is published 4 times a year and runs about $15 for the whole mag of multisized patterns).

In the codpiece (the center piece both front and back she made it multilayered with a couple of layers of sherpa (although she didn't add the waterproof layer) but left the outside leg pieces just one layer of knit fabric. She said her toddler really loved it. I'm sure you could work the PUL in there somehow.

Mama Rophe
08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks.

I was thinking maybe I could just get some boxers and add some layers in the crotch area, with one layer of PUL. I guess if I made it quick enough I wouldn't even have to add the PUL since I don't have any on hand.

Marielle
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
you could probably do that too. another mom on the same board did the same to some RTW panties for her daughter. she serged a sherpa hourglass soaker together then attached it to the inside of the panty. Here's the ottobre mag link (scroll down to the 4/04 issue and click on the slideshow view, it's the 5th pic - the moms that make them tend to simplify the pattern and remove the piping piece).

http://www.sewzannesfabrics.com/ottobre.html#

Mama Rophe
08-18-2007, 06:55 AM
thank you. I think i might order that.