PDA

View Full Version : thinking of starting up again

ArmsOfLove
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
:nails

I've been overwhelmed with twins; I've been overwhelmed with the amount of laundry we've had; I've been overwhelmed immensely at thinking of adding two or more loads a week :shifty

But with our new washer I'm :doh at how many less loads I'm doing to keep up! It's a super large PLUS capacity washer :grin And I'm doing less than one load a day and keeping up :jawdrop

And I'm thinking I can handle washing diapers again :shifty

Any encouragement?

Mother of Sons
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
You can do it! :cheer

Blue Aurora
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Well I'll start up with you, I'm about to put C back in cloth.

canadiyank
08-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Encouragement? Me? Nahhhhh. :giggle

BeckaBlue
08-15-2007, 11:58 PM
:cheer

milkmommy
08-16-2007, 12:26 AM
we found a part sposie part cloth to be best. I used to be soo anti sposie and felt like I had to go to confession each time I used one :shifty :giggle but at the same time keeping up with my beloved cloth was both hard and finding overnight solutions ect was costly and annoying. and frankly having such a late potty trainer I was just getting burned out Soo I used cloth in gereral but I sposied at night and I sposied if out for an extended time. or on vaccations. It was a nice balance. SO I say GO for it even if just a little and have FUN!

Deanna

shercurrie
08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
we found a part sposie part cloth to be best. I used to be soo anti sposie and felt like I had to go to confession each time I used one :shifty :giggle but at the same time keeping up with my beloved cloth was both hard and finding overnight solutions ect was costly and annoying. and frankly having such a late potty trainer I was just getting burned out Soo I used cloth in gereral but I sposied at night and I sposied if out for an extended time. or on vaccations. It was a nice balance. SO I say GO for it even if just a little and have FUN!

Deanna

Yeah, what she said. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

For me, even with my dinky, $25-at-a-church-yardsale washer, it's only two extra loads per week. (Then again, I only have one kiddo...) I'm jealous of your fancy new washer! :P~

abbiroads
08-16-2007, 05:41 PM
:cheer and where do I get a washer like that?

klpmommy
08-16-2007, 05:42 PM
You can do it!!! And if you already have everything you need, there is no loss in trying, kwim?

mwwr
08-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Gosh, I've always thought BUYING diapers for two was even more stress than an extra load or two. I guess I just don't notice the extra loads because the laundry is *constant* with a large family. :shrug

me
08-17-2007, 07:10 AM
1.Put the sposies on the same shelf as the cloth already prestuffed and ready to go.
2. Grab a cloth diaper instead of reaching for the sposie.
3.Visualize taking the dirty diaper to the washing machine just like you would take the sposie to the trash.
4. Run the washing machine when you run a load of dishes.
Whala! :)

And on rough days reach for the sposies so you keep a positive experience with the cloth. You can do it! After the first cloth goes into the washing machine might as well keep going to make a small load.

Disclaimer: I have had 2 weeks of rough days and have yet reached for my cloth diapers :giggle