PDA

View Full Version : Your All-Time Favorite Pocket Diaper

thomlynn
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
We were lucky enough to be able to have mostly Fuzzi Bunz for dd in size small, but when she moved up to mediums we couldn't afford them. We have four Bum Genius, 2 old style 2 new style, and one Fuzzi Bunz but we mostly do prefolds.

I would like to start slowly buying more pockets but when I looked at my cloth diaper store's website I saw a couple brand I've never heard of before. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has tried any other brand of pocket diapers and liked them. I like the one size of the BG but I hate the way the inserts fit in the diaper, they always seem scrunched no matter how much I flatten it out before I put it on her. Plus I hate that little flat over the back of the opening. I like the finished look it gives but I would hate to stuff tons of diapers with it. And I'm not loving FB as much because they upped their price then moved the factory to Mexico. I like that my BG are made in America.

2sunshines
08-15-2007, 08:32 AM
I have a pocket diaper from www.mypreciousbabybyapril and I really like it. It's made in Canada (well, she makes them and she lives in Canada) and they're all custom so you pick exactly how you want it. Best part is that they are pretty cheap. Like $10 for a pocket diaper I believe... And VERY well made. And you can get whatever you want on the tabs. I have Sesame Street characters.

Moon
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
It depended entirely on the build of the kiddo when we used pockets. FB fit ok on my wide, stocky kiddo, but didn't fit my tall skinny kiddo well enough to be worth using. Swaddlebees fit my skinny kiddo pretty good, but would have fit like a bikini on my wide/short rise lil guy.

thomlynn
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
It depended entirely on the build of the kiddo when we used pockets. FB fit ok on my wide, stocky kiddo, but didn't fit my tall skinny kiddo well enough to be worth using. Swaddlebees fit my skinny kiddo pretty good, but would have fit like a bikini on my wide/short rise lil guy.

Were you happy with the Swaddlebees quality??

What about Happy Heiny's??? Anybody use them??

I'm off to check out the website!!! Thanks!!!

thomlynn
08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a pocket diaper from www.mypreciousbabybyapril and I really like it. It's made in Canada (well, she makes them and she lives in Canada) and they're all custom so you pick exactly how you want it. Best part is that they are pretty cheap. Like $10 for a pocket diaper I believe... And VERY well made. And you can get whatever you want on the tabs. I have Sesame Street characters.

VERY cute. I ordered a solid black one. THANKS!!!!!

Moon
08-15-2007, 12:57 PM

Were you happy with the Swaddlebees quality??

We had the microfiber stuffers with the old tag in front style, on a moderate wetting kiddo. For daytime use, changed as frequently as we changed fitteds, they worked fine. They were in rotation for about a year, the only problem I had was elastic dying on two of the ten we'd bought, brand new. Generally speaking I'm not a pocket fan, so no huge raves for them, but they got the job done.

2sunshines
08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I avoided the Happy Heiny's diapers because I've heard that if you go with any of the prints, you will probably have some wicking problems. Though some people still love them. :shrug If I went with them, I'd stick with the solids.

I also have some drybees and really like them. :yes

Bonnie
08-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I LOVE love love my BG's. I just use a Fuzzi Bunz small insert with them while I'm using the smallest length on my 3mo.
I've been pretty happy with the quality of Swaddlebees...they were the only brand that fit my dd1. The organic cotton covered ones fit my dd2 really well, but once she outgrows them I'll stick with the Bum Genius. Much more economical, and I've never had one leak without thorough provocation (when we pulled an all-nighter). And they'll fit my 2.75yo in a pinch if I run out of trainers. :giggle

Oh, and yes, the FB lady moved her manufacturing to Mexico, which I don't like much, BUT she's officially certified as Fair Trade, so that's a happy thing. Unfortunately, she still treats her wholesalers poorly.

arwen_tiw
08-16-2007, 06:30 AM
I love Wonderoo one-size. :)

RosalieMarie
08-16-2007, 06:56 AM

:yes These are my favorites. I love that they are WAHM made. I love the fleece binding on the legs... great for chunky thighs and heavy wetters.