PDA

View Full Version : do you always have to have an insert for fitted diapers?

schmamy
08-02-2007, 03:04 PM
It seems like nearly every photo I'm seeing has some sort of liner added inside the fitted dipe. Is this standard/always necessary?

Moon
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
It's a soaker/absorbant part. :-) Having it snap out for laundry, or sewn at one end, decreases drying time. If it were sandwiched in between the layers it would take a lot longer to dry, and possibly make it more prone to detergent build up (since it wouldn't rinse out as well).

BornFreeBaby
08-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, the liners are usually attached in some way, sewn or buttoned on for the reasons Moon mentioned. It does seem to dry better that way.

2sunshines
08-05-2007, 05:30 PM
:yes to what they said.

There are diapers without. Well, not really without, just they are called internal soakers, because they are already inside the diaper so you can't see them as they are between the layer of fabrics. These diapers take longer to dry. For that reason, I prefer external partly sewn in or snap in soakers (though I hate lay in soakers). But it's a matter of personal preference.

singbanshee
08-06-2007, 06:24 AM
yep...what everyone else said plus I'll add this...for lay in soakers if you breastfeed the poo goes everywhere on those soakers...like between the dipe and soaker. This always seemed like such a mess to me. Also when they start to crawl and walk the lay in soakers get bunched up. But when you need extra absorbency because you have a heavy wetter an extra lay in soaker will save you.