PDA

View Full Version : Fleece liners

BearyBlessed
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
It has been recommended to me to try fleece liners to wick moisture away from Punkin's skin since he usually dislikes being in a wet diaper. Now come more questions. :O

Is fleece always synthetic? I would prefer to have something natural next to his skin.
What kind of fleece do I want to look for?

Moon
07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Microfleece is a synthetic, yes. It's essentially a porous plastic, lets wetness through, but doesn't absorb anything itself. You'd want a yard of the thinnest stuff you can find at any local fabric store.

I also prefer natural fibers against babe's skin. I've had pretty good luck with velour for that wicking layer, it passes the moisture through it to the absorbant part below it, and won't get dripping wet unless the diaper is too.

For wee ones that may have sensitive skin, I've found changing the moment I know they're wet, and letting them go coverless as often as possible at home, help the most. It's a habit to swipe a finger in near their thigh to check for moisture as I go about my day, so they're usually spotted pretty quickly.

BearyBlessed
07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
He doesn't seem to have sensitive skin. He'll go most of the night without needing to be changed. But, he usually hates to be wet.

I will look into the velour as well as the fleece. :)

2sunshines
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
I use a fleece liner at night because of the wetness thing. Like you though I'm not excited about the idea of synthetic fibers next to her sensitive parts. But I figure it's the lesser of the two evils. :shrug I'll have to look at the velour. :think If you find a good solution lmk. :yes