PDA

View Full Version : So she's packing up for college tomorrow...

COTK
07-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Well... practically. :( She's got two teeth already and...

We laid her down in her own bed last might- for some mommy-daddy time- thinking we'd bring her in to bed when she woke up to eat next... she didn't wake up until 9:30 am!! :jawdrop I woke up @ 5:00am and checked on her. I wanted to see how long she'd sleep, the whole time wishing she'd wake up...

So what do you do when they sleep better by themselves?? :cry I *love* to sleep with her, but........ she tosses and turns and nurses all night long, and it kind of affects our "intimacy" opportunities. I almost cried last night at just the thought of the possibility that she might sleep better alone...then it turned out to be true! (at least this first time anyway.) :( Maybe it'll turn out to be a fluke. There was once about a month ago that I was laying her down for a nap. I had just set her down on the bed for a minute to go get something and was coming right back. When I came back, she was sound asleep! I thought she was moving off to college the next day then, too. But that turned out to be a fluke, thankfully.

I couldn't believe what it was like to hold her again. I'd gone ten and half hours without holding her! The longest ever! Is something wrong with me to be so upset about this? Shouldn't I be glad or something? :(

Close2MyHeart
07-31-2007, 04:42 AM
:hugheart I kwym. Erich slept MUCH better by himself. I fought it for 3 months (from the time he was 4-7 mos) and tried to keep him in bed w/ us. By the 3rd month he was waking hourly and I was exhausted. Matt told me to just move him to his own bed so I could get some rest and that's when he started sleeping through the night. :sigh I still miss him in bed w/ me.

COTK
07-31-2007, 06:08 AM
:cry2 :bheart
That's such a bummer for you!! Thank you for sharing that I'm not alone in wishing it worked out differently.

Last night, she started out by herself at 9:00ish. Woke up at 10:30, nursed in the rocker, back in her own bed. Woke up at 1:30, brought her to bed. (Yay!! She can come back to bed!) At 4:00, was tossing and turning for 40 mins straight. Tried to nurse her back to sleep in the rocker, still "unsettled", wouldn't really nurse. Laid her down in her bed... she tossed a little bit there, but soon was sound asleep. :cry2