PDA

View Full Version : How many fitteds?

Iansmama
07-27-2007, 08:04 AM
If you use fitteds as your primary dipe, how many do you like to have on hand? I'm trying to decide how many to go with for a co-op. If she goes through around a dozen a day and I want to wash every other day or so, then I am thinking 18-24. :think

I've been using cpfs but am thinking that I would really like to go with fitteds instead. I want them to go under wool covers. We are doing part-time EC as well and I want to be able to go coverless at home to help me with that.

Naked Camper
07-27-2007, 08:07 AM
I'd say a minimum of 2 doz., but 2.5 doz to be on the safe side.

Iarwain
07-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Doing EC pretty much FT with diaper backup here and we go through about 5 diapers a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. My current wash routine is non-standard, though. I wash daily or every couple days with my regular laundry since the wet ones are just barely wet and she almost never has a poo miss. I have about 16 fitteds right now (I think, I lost count) and that's plenty for us. With my other kids I didn't do EC and did use a diaper pail and 2 - 2.5 dozen was plenty. If you're going through 12 a day I'd go for the larger number or else hang on to a backup system for if you run out. If you go through less than 12 a day and have a backup option then 18 might be plenty.

singbanshee
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
yep what everyone else said...2-2.5 doz :rockon

Amber
07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I wash every 2 or 2.5 days and have 16 fitteds. I also have 6 CPF that I use if I get in a pinch.