PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2 year old and we are finally going CD...help!

Rea T
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
When K was born I kind of toyed around w/ the idea of CD’ing him, but dh was the SAHD at that point and said no way (he ‘icks’ out far too easily for someone who’s been a parent for 5 years now). Then he got a job and we started daycare and it seemed a bit pointless to just CD for a few hours a day.

Well, now K is 2 ˝ and I am going to be a WAHM, and since he shows no signs of training anytime soon…bring on the CD’s! :rockon

So…what do I need to get started? K is closer to the size of a 3 year old, 35 lbs and fairly tall. He doesn’t seem to be as much of a soaker as J was at this age. 2 nights ago was the first night in ages that he woke up w/ wet jammies, some nights he is even waking up dry. He still has very little interest in PT’ing, maybe I can get him to sit on it, but he never goes on it. He is also my last babe, so anything I get will not be re-used by another.

Given all that, any recommendations for types of diapers? How many will I need? I’ll take any and all useful information!

2sunshines
07-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, you could go the route of prefolds and covers. It would be the cheapest route and most people love prefolds (myself included).

Or you could get some large fuzzi bunz with inserts. They are pretty absorbent and would serve your needs well.

As for how many you'll need, it depends on how often you want to wash. Washing every day is not hard at all, and if you do that, you can obviously get away with less diapers.

Mama Bird
07-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I have some bigger, toddler sized fleece covers that you can certainly have or borrow until my baby gets big enough to use them. They were given to me through Freecycle, and we don't have a lot of room to store things for that long. Let me know if you'd like pics. :heart