PDA

View Full Version : remind me why we do this

puah
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
i've been ap'ing, co-sleeping with my babies most of the past 5.5 years, mostly love it, but certainly have rough spots like everyone else.

ds2 is 4 mos old and getting to the more difficult stage. for me,the first 4 months are usually a breeze with night nursings and back to sleep. now he is waking a lot more (all my babies have done this so i'm not really worried about it, just don't like it so much) and starting to want to do the all night booby paci thing.

i totally don't mind nursing him in the night when he is hungry or even just for sucking needs, but this time just the boob in the mouth sleep is driving me nuts and i want it to stop. i never messed with my babies' sleep at this age, but really want to start helping him fall asleep different ways.

am i horrible for wanting to do this so early? 4 mos is so young i can't believe i'm even thinking this.

and i'm having a little trouble remembering why i do this...why is co-sleeping and all night nursing so good for my sweet baby? help me remember!!