PDA

View Full Version : "Trimming" down an infant prefold

Calliope
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Last question for a while (I promise)!

Does anyone have any experience with trimming down an infant prefold to newborn size? Was it hard or did you have trouble with stitching it back up? I would have to do a straight or overstitch, as I do not have a serger and wondered if this would be a problem.

illinoismommy
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Does anyone have any experience with trimming down an infant prefold to newborn size? Was it hard or did you have trouble with stitching it back up? I would have to do a straight or overstitch, as I do not have a serger and wondered if this would be a problem.

why would you do this since buying newborn is cheaper? :think

Calliope
07-25-2007, 05:08 AM

why would you do this since buying newborn is cheaper? :think

The newborn is $21 a dozen. I can get an infant dozen for >$10 through a co-op right now.

illinoismommy
07-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Okay well unless you have a professional type machine (my stepmom does) I wouldn't try to trim them down, they're going to be worked hard, washed hard.... you can fold an infant prefold in half and use it as a newborn. It won't be as trim, but it will work!

Calliope
07-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, I have a Very Good Singer that does a strong straight stitch and overcast, still from what I'm hearing on other boards, it's really not a big deal to just fold down the diaper for a few weeks, since babies grow so fast. I think I'm going to get an extra dozen in the co-op just 'cause and decide about trimming them down later. Maybe do one and see how it goes.