PDA

View Full Version : Mother-ease bamboo one-size

GodChick
07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Mother-ease has come out with bamboo one-size. It's their same MEOS dipe, just in bamboo as well as their regular ones. Sooooo . . . I'm thinking of getting some because I love the regular MEOS (inexpensive workhorse dipes -- right down my alley!) But I've heard that bamboo takes a really LONG time to dry . . . like DAYS. Is that right? Would it take my bamboo MEOS an inordinately long time to dry?

TestifyToLove
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
It does take both of my bamboo diapers longer to dry than cotton. But, it doesn't take days. If you can access sunlight for drying purposes, bamboo would dry super quick. But, I'm stuck using a dryer because of my HOA rules.

Soliloquy
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
:nak just fyi bamboo wears out much faster than cotton, esp if it's 100% bamboo

GodChick
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
ooo--hmmm -- how much faster than cotton? I think this is a bamboo/poly blend, because I've heard 100% bamboo isn't strong enough to stand up to dipe washing and wearing. But if they're going to be rags in just a couple months, I don't want 'em.

I do hang my dipes to dry, and especially in the summer here in TX, it gets really hot and my cotton dry pretty quick. Does the bamboo get hard like hemp does when you line dry?

Grover
07-26-2007, 02:21 AM
bamboo takes longer to dry,here in rainy England drying them indoors,over the banisters or on an airer with zero heating on inside and outside being about 15-18 celcius takes a max of 2 days..I can use the dryer but the enerergy costs the earth :giggle ,its too much ££ on the energy bill.
Where are you .its gotta be warmer than here ? and can you dry outside? that will speed it up
Thats why Ilike bamboo though banister dried cotton is really scratchy and hemp can get like sandpaper but bamboo is alwayssoft so for the line dring or airing family bamboo rocks .Ihavent had any issues with logevity but my bamboo is fairly new-only about 4 months use but not a huge stash so the rotation is high :shrug

GodChick
07-26-2007, 08:16 AM
:nak

thanks! i may get a few to try them out. i'm in texas in the US -- it's really hot here most of the year, so i line dry a lot -- if the bamboo stays soft when line dried that's a big plus. i don't have a big stash either so the dipers get lots of use and washing . . . guess i just have to see how wwell they stand the test of time -- that's why i love meos and prefolds -- they're cheap and can take lots of abuse! i can't afford tempermental dipes!! :lol

2sunshines
07-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, if you get them definitely let us know how you like them. :yes