PDA

View Full Version : Prefolds in the Bummis kit?

Calliope
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Anyone have any experience with the cotton prefolds that come in the Bummis kit? http://www.bummis.com/en/Products/covers/Kit.html

schmamy
07-20-2007, 07:36 AM
I'll admit that I have no experience--I'm a total rookie trying to navigate the CD world--so you may not want to take advice from me. BUT, I've been doing a lot of pricing lately, and unless my math is way off, I did some figuring and realized the Bummis kit wasn't a good deal. I was looking at it at punkinbutt.com, where it was $145. That includes 36 CPFs and 6 super whisper wraps, but if you calculate individual prices for those things on punkinbutt...

36 PFs @ $18.60/doz = $55.80
6 SWW @ $9.25 = $55.50

:scratch Am I crazy or does that come out to $111.30 - a lot less than $145!!!  :hunh

am I missing something here or is that a terrible deal?! unless a roll of flushable liners, which the kit also includes, is worth $34, it doesn't make any sense at all.

ETA: I've also seen SWWs elsewhere cheaper--like at granolababies.com for $8.50/ea.

Close2MyHeart
07-20-2007, 07:37 AM
:no I just bought them separately from www.jardinediapers.com

schmamy
07-20-2007, 07:37 AM
sorry...don't know what happened here, I absentmindedly hit refresh and my post came up again. oops!

Calliope
07-20-2007, 08:10 AM
I found the Bummis Kit for $125 on a couple of websites but mostly I'm casting about for a simpler way for people to buy cloth diapers FOR me. I can't find a dipe website with a registry that works well for me. Oh, nickisdiapers.com is currently out of CPFs. :(

I guess I'm just worried I'm going to be stuck footing the CD costs all myself if I don't find an "easy" way for other people to buy them.

schmamy
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
I found the Bummis Kit for $125 on a couple of websites but mostly I'm casting about for a simpler way for people to buy cloth diapers FOR me. I can't find a dipe website with a registry that works well for me. Oh, nickisdiapers.com is currently out of CPFs. :(

I guess I'm just worried I'm going to be stuck footing the CD costs all myself if I don't find an "easy" way for other people to buy them.

Can I ask what websites you found cheaper prices on?

AFA "footing the CD costs all myself"...there was/is no way around that for me. People didn't even use my Amazon registry--I can't imagine they would have used a registry at some random cloth diapering website. I resigned myself to the fact that we'd be buying all diapering supplies ourselves...but since we got so much of our other stuff through our registry, that freed up money for the CDs I guess. We have been blessed, I can't complain. Now if only DH would stop rolling his eyes and shaking his head every time he is reminded how much it costs for "something the baby POOPS IN!!!" :)

Calliope
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Can I ask what websites you found cheaper prices on?

AFA "footing the CD costs all myself"...there was/is no way around that for me. People didn't even use my Amazon registry--I can't imagine they would have used a registry at some random cloth diapering website. I resigned myself to the fact that we'd be buying all diapering supplies ourselves...but since we got so much of our other stuff through our registry, that freed up money for the CDs I guess. We have been blessed, I can't complain. Now if only DH would stop rolling his eyes and shaking his head every time he is reminded how much it costs for "something the baby POOPS IN!!!" :)

Here's one: http://www.cutietooties.com/proddetail.php?prod=Bummi_Kit

Yeah, that might happen to us as well. I'm okay with that, 'cause then I can be SUPER cheap and buy used, but I'm still holding out the vain hope someone will ask, "What do you need?" and I can hand over a dipe registry link.

As for convincing DH, I actually had him help me compare the price of 240 sposies per month to 60/wk diaper service. Each came out to about $600 a year!!! Let's just say that a $15 diaper that you can use over and over again starts looking pretty nice even if it does get pooped in!