PDA

View Full Version : We did it! Nighttime wool trial run

TestifyToLove
07-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Two nights ago, we did a FB under her new longies. Even the FB leak at night with her, but at least the PUL layer offers some containment versus fitted diapers. She didn't soak through at all.

Last night, we got brave, we used one of her nighttime diaper systems. It wasn't the Baby BeeHinds, it was her lesser diaper. Its not as absorbant as her BBH and its bulkier. But, she only woke up to nurse once during the night, so the normal flood was slightly less as well. Still, absolutely NO leaking issues whatsoever!!!!!!!

Dh and I are both sold. I'm going to make her 3 nighttime longies and pair them up with some long-sleeve tees for winter PJs. And, I'm making these longies special. The next two will be colored exactly like the first pair--kool-aid dyed by the siblings.

I've got a pair of the first longies I need to download. They look slightly clownish. But, I think putting the dragonflies on them really pulled the colors together. And, I did a good job making them fit now and have grow room for the whole winter.

Funny part though...I was so nervous about using wool at night. I knew that's what I was doing with those longies. So, I super lanolized them. Now, Dd wakes up with the smoothest little legs I've ever seen on a baby :giggle

Mama Rophe
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
We use the shorties you made on J all night and never had a leak either. You are one awsome croceter mama!!

TestifyToLove
07-19-2007, 08:39 AM
TY. I had all of El's wool out drying when Ch's home health nurse came Tuesday. She left with patterns and a promise she extracted from me to help if her novice skills can't decipher the patterns. She has a brand new niece and they don't CD but she wanted to make pants and diaper covers for her lol.

singbanshee
07-19-2007, 09:21 AM
:woohoo Congratulations! Are there pics of your creations??? I'd love to see them :heart

Grover
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
thats a neat idea to make some sets of PJS.

TestifyToLove
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I haven't had a chance to download pictures of the PJ bottoms yet. They are sitting on my camera.

But, I'm going tomorrow to buy 5 skiens of off white wool yarn and letting the kids kool-aid dye PJ yarns for the baby! They love doing it. And, if they are for PJs I don't have to worry about what kind of dye job they do. I can just cross stitch a picture to make it cuter, and if I have to stencil paint on the Ts as well.