PDA

View Full Version : How long did your babes wear newborn dipes?

Calliope
07-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Trying to balance buying over a diaper service for the newborn stage. How long were you little one's in newborn diapers?

TestifyToLove
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
They were in newborn diapers until 5-6 months. El actually still fit in the newborn diapers when I took her out of them. But, her pee got so heavy that she soaked right through the diaper and any cover we had on her the moment she peed. It was like she was nakey so we moved her up to thicker diapers for pee containment.

illinoismommy
07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
My daughter, who has been weighing in the 33 percentile for height and 50th for weight (average), and was 7lbs 1 oz at birth, wore newborn size prefolds with newborn bummi super whisper wraps for 6 weeks.

Katigre
07-20-2007, 09:39 PM
TTL - I think you mean size smalls/inant diapers, right? Newborn prefolds are TINY and only fit until 9 lbs IME.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS fit into infant prefolds/size small covers until he was a year old (the only reason we moved him into size mediums/premium prefolds was that he needed more absorbency). He weighed about 20 lbs when we moved him, but he has the 'long n lean' breastfed baby body type which is why they fit for so long.

Aisling
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Mine were in them for, oh, two minutes. :giggle

illinoismommy
07-21-2007, 09:17 AM
TTL - I think you mean size smalls/inant diapers, right? Newborn prefolds are TINY and only fit until 9 lbs IME.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS fit into infant prefolds/size small covers until he was a year old (the only reason we moved him into size mediums/premium prefolds was that he needed more absorbency). He weighed about 20 lbs when we moved him, but he has the 'long n lean' breastfed baby body type which is why they fit for so long.

But those are infant size -- I was talking about newborn. She would still fit into infant.

Katigre
07-21-2007, 10:29 AM
But those are infant size -- I was talking about newborn. She would still fit into infant.
Right - my DS fit into newborn size for 5 weeks. But TTL said her daughter fit them until 5-6 months, which makes me think she was referring to infant size.

illinoismommy
07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Right - my DS fit into newborn size for 5 weeks. But TTL said her daughter fit them until 5-6 months, which makes me think she was referring to infant size.

Oh yeah that makes sense because I was really :jawdrop about that

allisonintx
07-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I only had about four newborn sized diapers total for my ds (my only cloth dipe'd child) because he started out at 9.5lbs and gained SO FAST. He gained more than half a pound per week.

Moon
07-21-2007, 11:27 AM
My kids spent anywhere from 1 week to 4-6 weeks in newborns. Excluding the kiddo who outgrew them at one week, they were worth it imo. We don't have sposies around for back up, so they have to have something to wear while growing into the smalls.

singbanshee
07-21-2007, 02:39 PM
hmmmmm...seems like it was 3 weeks...maybe 4....he's um...well BIG for his age