PDA

View Full Version : anyone used preemie size? is it worth the $??

joystrength
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi, mamas!

I'm totally new to CDing. And my babe is due in about 8 weeks, but I'll have another c-section, which means a little early. AND this is most likely a smaller babe (my other two were 6 lb and 4 1/2 lb). SOOO, I'm anticipating a small baby (maybe a 5 1/2 lber). The other kiddos were in preemie dipes for about a month and 3 months respectively.

All these factors considered, WOULD you purchase preemie size? I can totally see the cost benefit, since at that age they go through SO many ....

Just looking for some input! THANKS! :scratch :cool

BearyBlessed
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I definitely would. I bought a dozen preemie size for my little guy. They only lasted a couple weeks. But, I can use them as doublers and burp rags, so I figured it was worth it. Since your little one will be in them for so long, I would go ahead and buy them.

Iarwain
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
My twins came home at 5# 6 oz and 5# 12 oz and we had no problems with the newborn size of prefolds the diaper service sent us. We didn't need preemie ones. I was pinning at the time and just had to fold the front down a little more. For my other newborns I have used cheap washcloths, the ones that come in the pack of 18 for $5. They're obviously less bulky than a prefold and work well in a wrap cover. That is what we use for wipes too so it wasn't an extra expense.

Herbwifemama
07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I didn't start CDing until dd was a month old (we got a big donation of newborn diapers, so we decided to use them). I am definitely getting the preemie size for the next baby- dd was 6lb10oz, and really couldn't fit into the newborn prefolds when she was a newborn.

Mother of Sons
07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I had a few premie fitteds that I got really cheap but no premie prefolds. I just used folded wash clothes and they worked perfectly for us.

joystrength
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
MOS, what kind of covers did you use ... if you don't mind me asking! :cool

Mother of Sons
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I made my own. I did have one or two premie prowraps too but I made almost all my own covers.