PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your "Arms Reach" co-sleeper?

COTK
07-18-2007, 06:33 AM
So, I'm wondering if she'll sleep better "farther" away, but I don't want her in her own bed. Two nights ago she fell asleep in her car seat while we were out, and we left her there right next to the bed so I could get her out when she needed out...and didn't make a peep until 6:00 am. She usually tosses and turns all night long, nursing/sucking about every two hours or so...which is what she does in the daytime, too. Sometimes when she's asleep, I'll scoot away from her rather than keep her close, and she doesn't move as much or often... but that also means she's "hogging" the bed!

So I'm thinking about trying a co-sleeper of some sort...? I like the looks of the Arm's Reach, the set up, the ease of travel with it... But, I'm worried about the cost and if she doesn't like it, or it just doesn't work out... Anyone have any thoughts on their Arm's Reach or does anyone use a different type of co-sleeping aid?

hurdy
07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
We have one, but haven't gotten to use it yet...so for now, I'll be :popcorn!

Blessings,
Erin

canadiyank
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I bought a used one for dd2. We used it fairly often in the infant stage but not much after that. We kept it on dh's side of the bed...so, nighttime went like this....rock her to sleep, lay her in the cosleeper. Then, when she woke up daddy handed her to me and I nursed her down and she stayed the rest of the night in bed with us. The only thing I didn't like about it is it has a lip...so you can't just put it up to the bed and nurse...there's actually a lip there, which is irritating. My friend is borrowing it right now and uses it for her baby who is over a year old and they love it. We actually have a mini one, iirc. HTH!

canadiyank
07-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Just found this thread: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=116463.0

COTK
07-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Thank you very much. That thread was helpful. I still have yet to figure out how to "search" the boards efficiently. I always get hundreds of results the have nothing to do with what I'm looking for... Thank you again!

Calliope
07-24-2007, 07:25 AM
We're going to get one. They regularly go for $70-80 on Ebay ($100 w/ leg extensions) so you can buy used or buy new and resell if it doesn't work for you. You can get the Mini Co-sleeper through www.babycatalog.com for $125 including shipping, so if you resold, you'd only be out about $50. I think that's a pretty good deal.

malakoa
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
We got one, set it up, and used it maybe six times. But it was great for those six times. We never had a crib or real basinette.