PDA

View Full Version : New with lots of questions

ODAT
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I am new to cding, I'm really just at the stage of getting prepared, I'm not due till Nov. But I've decided to go with prefolds to start with and I have ordered about three dozen and have six prorap covers. (They are all size small) Is that enough to start with? Do you think I should get some nb covers to get by with till she fits into the small? And is that enough covers, six? Or should I do sposies for the first few weeks? Would anyone be willing to give an example of what they had and did to begin with?

2sunshines
07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
You should have enough prefolds and covers with that. :yes

I have never cd'd a brand new born, so I have no advice in that area, but I know a lot of moms her have so I'm sure you will get great answers from them. :yes

singbanshee
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I think you're ok with the 3 doz but you *may* want to get more covers...especially if you're going to bf...that stuff goes everywhere! LOL. Small is kinda big on a newborn so you may want to look into xsmall...the only thing is that kids grow out of xsmall REALLY quick but they would fit right and you can use them for you're next baby (or sell them).

JoyfulMom
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Your prefold stash sounds adequate to me, but I'd go with more covers as well. We started our last out in cloth and plan to start this one out in cloth, I'm going with about a dozen nb covers and a doz small covers. I have a few AIOs made in newborn as well, b/c I prefer those in the beginning. HTH you!

Naked Camper
07-17-2007, 11:29 AM
We didn't start CD'ing DS until he was 2 months old - but that's exactly what kind of a stash we had at that time :yes

I agree prowrap smalls are most likely going to be too large for a new-born...but then again, you could give birth to a 9 lb. baby and they'd fit just right :shrug

My next I think we will still to the sposies route for the first month or so and then switch over to cloth.

ODAT
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
HaHa! I am NOT having a 9 lb baby, thank you very much! :no Thanks for the tips, ok, sounds like I need some more covers. And maybe try some AIO's, I was reading up on them and they sound pretty easy and since I have some skeptical people in my family, they might be easier for them to handle when they come and help out with me and the newborn. :shrug

klpmommy
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I would definately get something easier for your family skeptics (I have them, too!)- either some aio's or maybe some pockets that you have prestuffed (making them in effect an aio).