PDA

View Full Version : whispers> I used one of those dipes that promises to give you 12 hours sleep

Grover
07-17-2007, 03:22 AM
You know the brand that has a whatdoyoumecallit type core that gives you 12 hours sleep at night and will teach your baby to talk[I kid you not ,this was the claims on the junk mail that came with the free samples and coupons]
Anyhow I used it last night,and the night before and well I really wish I hadnt,not just for the enviroment but because they worked.Ok They didnt teach my baby to talk and he didnt sleep for 12 solid hours...[I would be of to ER if he had...] but I didnt need to get out of my nice warm bed to drag my sad sorry soggy cloth covered bottomed baby to change himat 4-5 am either.He slept and fed till 7 ahhh bliss .Because of course when you change the diaper ,it is wakey wakey time :yes2 and I dont feel like wakey wakey time at 4 or 5 am.I wanna sleeeeeeeeeepp.
I always felt like ho in the heck is gonna leave a soggy diaper on a poor kid for 12 hours anyways,who would want that.I dont want 12 hours -eewwww but 8 would be nice.
So I promise this is in the right Forum,Is there a super-de-duper night time cloth diaper that keeps the bub as comfortable as the eeewww- 12hours-solid-nights-sleep-and -will-teach -your-baby-to-talk-whilst polluting -the enviroment-diaper?What would wick away moisture really fast?

TestifyToLove
07-17-2007, 05:36 AM
I use Baby BeeHinds. If you want to wick the moisture away, you can put a fleece liner inside the BBH. It comes in Hemp and Bamboo. It the bamboo that I LOVE and works wonders. Of course, I spent a ridiculous amount of money finding a diaper that works for overnight. But, it works well enough that DH will reach for it over the sposies. If this one is not available, Dh will only use sposies and I have to fight to get him to use the 2 backup options for nighttime.

2sunshines
07-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Is your baby a super soaker? What are you using right now that doesn't work? What have you tried?

I can tell you what I use at night. I use a premium prefold with an infant prefold trifolded inside. Then I top it with a fleece liner, which wicks all moisture away from baby's skin. Cover the whole thing with a thick recycled wool soaker and we've never had a single leak.

Have you tried wool at night? Do you have any felted wool? Wool is the key to our nighttime system. :yes

singbanshee
07-17-2007, 10:43 AM
i agree with both Testify and 2....bbh and wool, that's the secret :)

Grover
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Is your baby a super soaker?

What are you using right now that doesn't work?

What have you tried?

Have you tried wool at night?
Do you have any felted wool? Wool is the key to our nighttime system. :yes

Not a super soaker more of a very light sleeper and a big night feeder.Infact it wouldnt suprise me if he got most of his milk at night time.The diaper usually ends up really soggy

I guess his dipe is working but I want something that keeps him more comfortable

We have cotton fitteds and A bamboo velour [Its back from a 3 month vacation aka being fixed] I think we need more bamboo and some fleece liners,possible a larger size[oh chubbamonkey is getting quite round :giggle]

We have wool on s which are fab and rarely do we get a wet bed but he can get quite soggy and he is an ultra comfort dude.His big brother never cared about soggy dipesand would sleep on,this little dude has to be comfortable or we all know about it!

TTL - Cool I will lookout some bamboo behinds,I loved my sugarplumbaby bamboo and they worked well but he outgrew them :yes2.Is the behind a pocket -fitted?I guess I will see it online :yes

Singbanshee do you ship to the UK?

2sunshines
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
If comfort is what you're looking for, I'd get some fleece liners and line whatever diaper you decide on with that. They will keep baby's bum dry. :yes

happyhousewife
07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
We just do a FB and a prefold stuffed. I have tried EVERYTHING! That is the only system that works for us.

Grover
07-26-2007, 02:09 AM
We just do a FB and a prefold stuffed. I have tried EVERYTHING! That is the only system that works for us.

Hmm we have swaddlebees and the fit is okay for daytimes but he often roll onto his side at night and the fit is skimpy over the hips so it leaks when he sleeps.Is the F different in shape to SB?

I bought half a metre of fleece and cut out 2 liners [so far] and i tried it out last night.I didnt have to get up at 5 am :wahoo 7.30 am is much nicer :rockon

illinoismommy
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I change her diaper right before I go to bed and hope for the best!

Grover
07-27-2007, 01:11 AM
well last night the bamboo was still drying so we used a sposie again :yes2 but I think bamboo plus a doubler with a fleece liner in a wool on is the best we are going to get.The sposie only got us till 6 am.
Janet do you wake Maya up to change her or does her settling co-incide with your bedtime?

illinoismommy
07-27-2007, 04:45 AM
well last night the bamboo was still drying so we used a sposie again :yes2 but I think bamboo plus a doubler with a fleece liner in a wool on is the best we are going to get.The sposie only got us till 6 am.
Janet do you wake Maya up to change her or does her settling co-incide with your bedtime?

I sort of wake her to change her, but I've found that at about 10 or 11pm she is in a really solid sleep cycle so she doesn't really wake up :phew .... now if I changed her at 4 am it would be an entirely different matter