PDA

View Full Version : how to get back in the groove?

Garnet
07-16-2007, 09:51 PM
i used to use only cd's. now i use sposies because i went thru a period where nothing was getting done, especially laundry. i was trying, and still am trying to learn how to run a house with three kids fulltime, and a few others part time, and work and still keep up on things.

i need to get back in my cd groove. how to?

plus, how do i get the one who watches the kids to do it? or just cd when i'm home and sposie when i'm not?

ps, before anyone says buy more of this or that, i really can't. i have some prefolds, some flats, lots of covers, very few pockets, and very few aios....which are leaking but thats another story.

2sunshines
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
You just have to jump back in. I stopped cd'ing for a while with my second and once you get out of it, I agree it's hard to make the switch back. But it's just something that you have to decide to do. For me, I got rid of all the sposies in my house (or waited until they were gone) so that I had nothing else to use, which forced me full force back into cd's. :yes

4MKfam
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I think it would be totally reasonable to just do cd's when you're home. It would help with the overwhelmingness (if that's a word :shifty) of the laundry load and it would avoid difficulties with whoever watches your little one. Of course, you could bring it up and see if there's some willingness to try it... but if I were you, I wouldn't push it at this point. JMHO :shrug :). One thing that always brings me back to cd's is the cost factor. I just imagine what I'd rather do with the $15 or so a week it takes to keep ds full-time in sposies :giggle. At this point in my life I have far more time than money, so that's a big issue. I still use sposies for nursery and sitters. Our MOPS group actually stated that they require disposables (I'd like to know what other mom used cloth, though :think. I think I know who it was, but she's no longer part of our MOPS group), but our church nursery has no stated policy. They never change ds anyway, though :giggle, so I doubt it'd be a problem as long as I provided a wet bag and told them I'd do whatever dunking needed to be done. The couple times I was out of sposies and dropped ds off, I just told them to come get me if he needed a change or to just take the whole thing off (I usually used FB's if I had to do nursery in CD's) and put it into the wet bag. Well, that was rambly :O. Another thing I noticed --when I bought a CASE of sposies, I was far more likely to use them more frequently. Usually I just buy a small bag of diapers and then I ration them better.