PDA

View Full Version : Reusable Diaper Can Liner/Bags?

bananacake
07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Is there such a thing as reusable diaper can liners or bags? I hate the thought of throwing away a plastic bag every time.

2sunshines
07-16-2007, 06:22 PM
:yes There are tons of them.

Wet bags would be what you carry with you to put your diapers in. Pail liners are obviously what you line your pail with.

Most diapering stores sell them under their diapering accessories section.

You can also buy vinyl camp stuff bags at any regular store (like walmart, target, etc), for much less and it will essentially do the same thing, though maybe won't be as cute.

something glorious
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
:yes

we used these to line our diaper champ (but they can be used without a pail too): http://www.fuzzibunzstore.com/Pail-Liner-by-Mother-of-Eden-p-28.html

and we bought wet bags for use in the diaper bag from here:

www.happytushies.com
and here:
http://www.jamtots.com/Zippered-Designer-Fabric-Large-Wet-Bag---Lavender-Stripes-P632C322.aspx

hope that helps!

BearyBlessed
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I have liners made by Wahmies and by Swaddlebees. One has a drawstring and one has a little pad inside to put some EO's on it to help the smell. I can't remember which is which, though. I like different features about each and would love it if they were combined. :yes

AdrienneQW
07-17-2007, 01:00 AM
:yes The Wahmies liner is the one with the little hemp square sewn in for EO if you so choose. I use Wahmies liners and think they're great; a drawstring would be a nice but not necessary addition.

something glorious
07-17-2007, 02:23 AM
the MOE liner also has a square of fabric for essential oils....but more often than not i threw in one of those citrus diaper discs...easier :shrug

bananacake
08-08-2007, 07:04 AM
You can also buy vinyl camp stuff bags at any regular store (like walmart, target, etc), for much less and it will essentially do the same thing, though maybe won't be as cute.

I couldn't find these bags at Target or Walmart. Where else might I be able to find one? I was thinking a sporting goods store, but everything at those places in usually over-priced.

Calliope
08-08-2007, 07:07 AM

I couldn't find these bags at Target or Walmart. Where else might I be able to find one? I was thinking a sporting goods store, but everything at those places in usually over-priced.

I think the would be in the camping section with all the Coleman stuff. Did you check there?

2sunshines
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM

At Walmart they are back in the camping section. They are called "nylon stuff bags."

I've also seen something very similar in the laundry section. It was a nylon laundry bag with a drawstring. Essentially the same thing.

bananacake
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM

I think the would be in the camping section with all the Coleman stuff. Did you check there?

Yes, I checked everywhere. How strange.

2sunshines
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Weird... I wonder why your Walmart wouldn't have them. :scratch

Calliope
08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, Walmart IS weird. Sometimes I swear I can't find a thing and when I ask for help a sales person takes me right to it in a spot I already looked! Those places are just too stinking big.

AdrienneQW
08-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I won't tell you how many times I looked for the stuff bags at Walmart before I finally found them. :bag Seriously though, they fold down to the size of an idex card... in the midst of all that camping stuff, how can you be expected to find them? :shrug

klpmommy
08-09-2007, 02:10 PM
What is the advantage of a PUL liner or vinyl camp bag over a regular laundry bag? Not a mesh bag, but a cloth bag.

2sunshines
08-09-2007, 03:20 PM
waterproofness.

If you stick a wet diaper in a cloth bag, the bag will get damp on the outside.

abharrington
08-18-2007, 12:11 PM
does anyone know of the walmart camp bags are machine washable? that sounds like just what i am looking for, but i want to be able to dump it in the wash along with the diapers.
Thanks!