PDA

View Full Version : Fights going to sleep

Niphredil
07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Where is the pulling out your hair smiley?

Nora is a great night sleeper & a decent napper... but putting her to sleep is a nightmare!

She likes to sleep swaddled but fights it, she flails & thrashes. She's never been the nurse to sleep type; she'll doze but always wakes up with in 10 minutes. So I feed her then try to put her to sleep. We can rock, walk, pat, sing, bounce & she still screams till she falls asleep, even from a just nursed calm start. She is essentially CIO, but I find some solace in knowing that she's at least doing it in her momma's arms. I try to put her down when she's been up for two hours, and she goes, after her fight, so I don't think she's over tired. She does have some teeth coming in though.

We're next on the no cry sleep solution book list at the library (though I'm glad someone in my town is reading it :rockon) so I'll be reading it then, but til then any tips on how to keep sane? I know I must be missing something - she's full, clean, tired & comfy - what else?

abbiroads
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
ds1 was like that a pacifier helped for a while, but he just had to get really tired sometimes.

Niphredil
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
She does take a pacifier when going to sleep, I should have said that. But she can't hold it in her mouth, so we have to hold it in for her... but she gets to screaming and then doesn't care.

I should have also added that I was hard to put to sleep as a baby & have a rough time falling to sleep even now. Could something like that be hereditary?

illinoismommy
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Maybe she is overtired by the time you guys do sleep?

abbiroads
07-15-2007, 08:19 PM
we held joey tight with the pacifier held in his mouth be our body and rocked him side to side till he fell asleep. Eventually he nursed to sleep only, then went to falling asleep on his own with me in the room and now he goes to sleep by himself in his own room.

We had a lot of crying at diffrent stages with him. I was comforted by some mama's here who told me it wasn't CIO if I was available to comfort him or trying my best to comfort.

allisonintx
07-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Again, I would like to suggest a chiropractic adjustment. I think it will help with this as well.

abbiroads
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
good point, maybe that's when joey started sleeping better :think