PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out some logistics

klpmommy
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
First- we live in a rather large two story house with a basement, so effectively three stories. We use all three levels most days- upstairs is bedrooms, main level is kitchen & most playing, basement is some playing, crafting, one computer & movies. So with that in mind (and also keeping in mind that I am generally lazy ;) )....

how do I distribute my cd's? When I used disposables I kept some on each level, but with cloth that seems more difficult. I suppose once I choose a system it will probably be easier, but right now my collection is very ecclectic until Binkiness is born & I decide what I like, then I will pare down what I don't like & buy more of what I do like. (Hmmmm....maybe this will help me figure that out as well :think )

where do I keep the diaper pail? The laundry room is on the main level. I really don't want to have more than one to keep up with unless absolutely necessary, but if I keep the diaper pail on the main level (which seems to make the most sense) what do I do with nighttime diapers? Disposables I threw into any nearby trashcan.

I think that is it for today. :)

singbanshee
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
okay i've got kinda the same set up with 3 floors and what I do is keep most of the dipes on the top floor and there is a pail up there too and then a little stash on the main floor and that's where I keep 2 pails, one dirty and one wets. I put most of the dipes upstairs so I would work off the baby fat...and it worked (course now I'm preggers again but I'm thinner this time...I still think it's the stairs). when he was a newborn I had most of the stash on the floor that I was napping & feeding on (main floor) HTH :heart

schmamy
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
good question!! I'm thinking most of the diaper changing will be on the main floor at my house, as we will be using a co-sleeper and just leaving the changing table on the main floor for a while...but once we move baby to the nursery upstairs, and move the changing table, then what will I do with the pail--leave it on the main floor? take it upstairs? have two? then laundry is in the basement.

I thought about just always going upstairs to change the diapers...it would probably be annoying at first/occasionally but maybe a good built-in way to get a little extra exercise? :)

mamaKristin
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
My 'super high tech' diaper bag for dirties is often a shopping bag from the grocery store, it's easy to keep them in any bathroom and run them to the laundry each day. :shifty

It's pretty easy to have a couple diapers on each level of the house. I had a set of 3 or so on our lower level during the day when my girls were younger, so it was easier to change on the fly. now they both head for the change table in their room when they need to be changed.

Dana Joy
07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
i think wetbags might be a great idea!!!!

2sunshines
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
The most beautiful thing about having older children when you have a baby is that they have great legs to run diapers to the diaper pail, wherever it is. :shifty

My 6 yo almost always puts his sister's diapers in the diaper pail for me when I change her. :yes

We keep all our diapers in one spot, I just find it easier that way.

AdrienneQW
07-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm so lazy I kept dipes in two spots even though my house is only one story. :laughtears

Most diapers get changed in my bedroom, so that's where you'll find The Stash and the pail. But in Celeste's ittybitty days, when I would often be rocking her all night or holding her on my chest on the sofa, I set up a little changing pad right there in the living room and kept a handful of clean dipes and a wetbag there.

IMO, you can't have too many wetbags. They have tons of uses. If I had a three-level house, I would definitely keep a wetbag on whichever two levels didn't house the pail. :tu