PDA

View Full Version : All In Ones or Pockets...

illinoismommy
07-08-2007, 04:48 PM
.... I would like to add some to my stash, ones that are not as expensive as Fuzzi Bunz is now, but hopefully just as good of quality. What do you suggest? Snaps or Velcro is fine, so long as they are durable, and I need them to be 15 dollars or less .... oh and I need them to last 2+ babies :O

2sunshines
07-08-2007, 07:17 PM
My favourite pocket diaper by far is bum genius one size. They retail new for more than $15 BUT they are one size so they really are much cheaper since they last the entire time.

I like drybees pocket diapers. They are less than $15. :yes

The only aio that I have found that I really like is the dream eze aio, however, it's still in the tester stage so not yet available for purchase.

Dana Joy
07-08-2007, 07:20 PM
are you on diaperswappers- you can find good deals there- i just got 3 cute happy heiny's for $11.
check out happy heiny's they are real cute!!! they are pocket dipes!

RosalieMarie
07-09-2007, 05:46 AM
My favorite pockets are from www.mypreciousbabybyapril.com. Larges are $10! I get them with suedecloth to cut down on bulk, and I highly recommend the fleece binding on the legs. Very durable, great colors, and you can get cute prints on the tabs if you don't get snaps. I hate FB, but that's a whole other topic. :)

2sunshines
07-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Oh yea, I totally forgot about My Precious Baby by April. I have one of her pocket diapers and it rocks! Seriously. It is so well made and VERY inexpensive! :jawdrop And you can get it customized however you want it with cute whatever you're into on the tabs.

illinoismommy
07-09-2007, 08:14 AM
hmmm except those end up being 16 a piece, since I need the inserts too :think

2sunshines
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
In my case, I just bought the pocket diaper without the insert. I have enough microfiber or hemp or infant prefolds around to use something else for an insert. Or you can use whatever inserts you have now from your fuzzi bunz in them. Or buy some cheaper inserts from elsewhere. But I have heard that her inserts are super absorbent, though I have no experience...

illinoismommy
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
In my case, I just bought the pocket diaper without the insert. I have enough microfiber or hemp or infant prefolds around to use something else for an insert. Or you can use whatever inserts you have now from your fuzzi bunz in them. Or buy some cheaper inserts from elsewhere. But I have heard that her inserts are super absorbent, though I have no experience...

I am using all of my inserts though because my FBs are still excellent.... I would like to get enough to wash less often is all :heart

2sunshines
07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Ah. :yes

Yea, her inserts are a little high. That's why I bought just the diaper alone. I had some hemp inserts that I bought a while ago and also a few extra microfibers ones that I just use with her diaper.

Dana Joy
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
i just purchased a bunch of hh inserts to replace the microfiber- terry towels I was using- they just took a little time to fold and were a little too small for JM's large fb- they would be perfect for a small or medium fb- they are just sitting here waiting for a home- pm me your address and you can have them.

RosalieMarie
07-10-2007, 08:13 AM

I am using all of my inserts though because my FBs are still excellent.... I would like to get enough to wash less often is all :heart

Her inserts are pricey, but hemp inserts are the BEST!! If you can sew at all, I recommend getting a few yards of hemp fleece and making your own. I made myself 14 inserts for the price of 5.

illinoismommy
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
On the other hand if I shop here: http://www.nurturedfamily.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=72 They give free microterry inserts, which I happen to know are better than the mother of eden ones :O .....

What are you guys' opinion on Happy Heiny velcro or Swaddlebees snaps? I know the Swaddlebees run smaller than FB's.... :think

2sunshines
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I've heard good things about Happy Heiny's BUT I'd avoid any of their prints. The prints tend to wick.

However, when I researched Happy Heiny's vs. Drybees, I choose to go with Drybees. The prints in drybees are not a cotton outer like the HH and therefore they won't wick.

I've never tried the sb snap. sb tend to run narrower in the crotch so it depends on whether that works well on your baby or not.

RosalieMarie
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I've heard good things about Happy Heiny's BUT I'd avoid any of their prints. The prints tend to wick.

:yes HH prints wick. Solid colors do okay, we used them at night for a few months. The aplix tends to get fuzzy and wear out quickly. I haven't tried swaddlebees.

mamaKristin
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I like the flexibility with pockets. I even throw my prefolds in them from time to time. OTOH, I find swaddlebees aren't flexible. They really only hold their specific stuffers. I have their hemp stuffers, but you can't get much else in them to fit properly.

I love hemp though, I have fitteds that are a hemp blend, and hemp pocket inserts, and I love them! h