PDA

View Full Version : He hates wet diapers

BearyBlessed
07-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Punkin really, really hates to have a wet diaper. So much that I am going through 15+ diapers a day. Even when I was using using disposables last week on vacation, he went through close to 12 a day, I think.

I am wondering if there's a particular type of diaper or fabric or something that will help the moisture wick away more. I am mostly using prefolds right now. So, I was thinking maybe a liner of some sort might help. But, I don't know if there's anything that would work.

Any suggestions??

The Tickle Momster
07-08-2007, 04:48 PM
How old is your little one? I ask because I'm wondering if EC might be a good choice for him. :think

If not, fleece liners are supposed to help wick moisture away. Micro fleece is super thin, just cut some the size you need. HTH

illinoismommy
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
What kind of diapers do you use? A pocket diaper with a fleece inside-liner should help (like a Fuzzi Bunz or Swaddlebee..... they have fleece built in)

Iarwain
07-08-2007, 05:01 PM
How old is your little one? I ask because I'm wondering if EC might be a good choice for him. :think

:yes Even part time with diaper back up would reduce the diaper usage and keep him happy and comfy. It sounds like he's got strong opinions on the matter, why not go with it and see what happens? It's not as difficult as you may think! I NEVER thought I could EC but here I am and Rosebud seems much happier for it (and it's totally not the big deal I thought it was)!

RosalieMarie
07-09-2007, 05:49 AM
If not, fleece liners are supposed to help wick moisture away. Micro fleece is super thin, just cut some the size you need. HTH

:yes Fleece liners are a great affordable option. Just pick up a bunch of fleece and cut it up. It doesn't fray, so you don't have to sew it at all. Definitely wash it a few times before you cut, because it shrinks!

LittleSweetPeas
07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Just throwing this out there but DD did the same thing and we later discovered she had a food allergy. So essentially the urine and BM acidity was so high and the cloth diapers held it closer to the skin to irritate her. Once I figured it all out it was like it all made total sense. We had to switch to sposies for her it was so bad. She just eventually associated the CD with owies. :(

BearyBlessed
07-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Hmm, interesting thought. Was it something you ate that she was allergic to? Or just the acidity in general? Would formula do the same thing?

LittleSweetPeas
07-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Hmm, interesting thought. Was it something you ate that she was allergic to? Or just the acidity in general? Would formula do the same thing?

When I was nursing her she would react whenever I ate it. Turns out it was tomatoes and nuts and I was eating tomatoes ALL THE TIME. Now she reacts only when she ingests those herself. I do have a friend whose DD had the same exact symptoms and had a soy allergy. Many of the formulas are soy based or have soy in them. Not to mention soy is in a million different food products.

So my DD would react by having abdominal pain and then runny bms. The bms and urine would cause a bad rash (welts and all) which is what was causing her so much pain. Usually took a few days for it to run its course.

2sunshines
07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I second the fleece liners. You can either buy doublers topped with fleece, or you can buy fleece liners, or you can just cut up some fleece or microfleece and lay it inside the diaper. Fleece will allow the moisture to travel through but does not hold on to it at all, so the baby's skin stays dry.