PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Help

stbmomof1plus2
06-28-2007, 03:38 AM
My toddler (20 months) wakes up at night and can not go back to sleep for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. We try everything from rocking in the rocking chair, rubbing his back, even giving a snack - but he just can't seem to go back quickly. This happens every night.
We only co-sleep for a short part of the night because he goes to bed earlier than we do, plus he wake up issue. He gets very active and has accidently kicked me in the stomach while in bed with us (I am six months pregnant with twins). Plus, dh has to get up at 4:30 in the morning for work.

Any suggestions on how to help him get to sleep faster or what might be causing it?

Heather Micaela
06-28-2007, 03:59 AM
maybe he is taking too long of a nap or going to bed too early?

IslandMama
07-05-2007, 08:01 AM
maybe he is taking too long of a nap or going to bed too early?

I was thinking along these same lines... what time does he go to bed? How many naps during the day?

Is this a new problem? Could it be teething? My 23 mo. dd is cutting 4 molars right now! :think

stbmomof1plus2
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
We just tried moving his bedtime back and that was a disaster!

He didn't sleep any later in the morning or more through the night - so he was just functioning on less sleep. After having a sleep deficiet of around 8 - 10 hours - the meltdowns started and now his schedule is all messed up.

I guess we will just try different things to see what works best.

He goes to bed at 7:00 pm
When he was on schedule he would take a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap every day. When we moved him back to 7:30/7:45 he would still wake up, but only nap for maybe an hour.