PDA

View Full Version : newborn favorites?

MoongardenMama
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't start cding until after dd was 3 months, so I have no newborn cd experience! Now that we're TTC, I'm wondering about it. What are everyone's favorites for a nb?

2sunshines
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
kissaluvs size 0 work really nicely on a newborn. :yes

Lady TS
06-11-2007, 05:17 AM
My newborn staple was infant prefolds and Proraps. IME, the prefolds are best to hold in those bf poo's!
A few fitteds of some sort(like kissaluvs) are nice to have in the diaperbag too. ;)

MoongardenMama
06-11-2007, 05:31 AM
You know, I've used them in the past, but never for a newborn...how do *you* fold?

Lady TS
06-11-2007, 05:37 AM
I lay the baby on the flat diaper(which is on top of a cover/wrap), fold diaper in thirds in the front and pull it up between the legs. Pull cover through legs and secure dipe with cover. With #3, I would use a Snappi because it was so easy. Sometimes I'd not bother with any snappi, just fold it and secure it with the cover. It usually stayed put pretty well since I changed it fairly often. Once they become mobile and scoot around is when I used the Snappi on a regular basis.

Clear as mud?

Moon
06-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Last time around I snagged up a bunch of tiny fitteds, second hand. They resold for nearly what I paid for them, since they were outgrown so quickly. My other three kids went right into prefolds and wraps for the first few months, and we spent a little more for fitteds or AIOs for the medium size.