PDA

View Full Version : when one child is more dominant, but the other one needs more help...

Beauty4Ashes
06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
How do you do it? Danny is the dominant one, he's kind of taken the older brother role. He talks more, he imitates me and tells Bashar what to do (which results in Bashar hitting Danny), in short, he takes the lead. Bashar has been having trouble talking. We *know* that we have to spend more time one on one with him to help him to talk. But every where that mommy or daddy goes, Danny wants to go. Danny will have a huge meltdown if he is told that he cannot go somewhere with dh or I. I have the number for the child development center at the hospital where dh works. I am going to have dh call because probably he could use his "well, I'm a resident physician here at the hospital" and maybe that will get us in sooner for an appt. It's worked before, using the resident privilege tactic. But in the meantime, how do I manage this?

Aisling
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Do you have the book "Siblings without Rivalry"? It has a really great section on this kind of situation...if you don't I can pull mine out for ya ;)

Beauty4Ashes
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll request it via ILL...good grief, my summer reading list is getting long! I feel like I'm in school again.