PDA

View Full Version : Waking at 5 am

illinoismommy
06-01-2007, 08:32 AM
My baby is doing this. I can't push back her bedtime because she just collapses at that time :giggle .... so what CAN I do? Besides get up at 5 am

J3K
06-01-2007, 08:36 AM
can you roll over and nurse her ? Does she go back to bed ?

illinoismommy
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
can you roll over and nurse her ? Does she go back to bed ?

No she just grins at me and is all extra happy and awake ..... only I am not happy and awake, lol .....

SouthPaw
06-01-2007, 09:06 AM
yeah, us too. i sit with her in bed and play until she falls asleep again at 7, then transfer her to the pack n play just in time for A to wake up at 7:10 sigh....

AmyWA
06-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Cooper is an early morning riser too. :td And while I HATE waking up that early I'm just happy that he's only waking once (or not at all like last night!) until 5am. Usually I try to give him a toy in bed next to me or feed him and then give him some toys in his crib. That might buy me another half hour to hour of "sleep". So, no real good suggestions here, but a lot of sympathy!!!

illinoismommy
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Cooper is an early morning riser too. :td And while I HATE waking up that early I'm just happy that he's only waking once (or not at all like last night!) until 5am. Usually I try to give him a toy in bed next to me or feed him and then give him some toys in his crib. That might buy me another half hour to hour of "sleep". So, no real good suggestions here, but a lot of sympathy!!!

The toy thing might work in a few months.... for right now she's not that coordinated and I am the toy :cool

Ilaria
06-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Noah does this too. I feed him and change him, and if that doesn't put him back to sleep, I either let him play in the bouncer or the swing while I go back to bed.

Katigre
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Can you keep a bottle by the bed and feed her before you get up and will that put her back to sleep?

klpmommy
06-01-2007, 04:52 PM
E did that. 5am was no fun, I am a total night owl. She is still an early riser, but not nearly as bad. No ideas here, I just got up with her or let her play with me while I rested a bit more. Lots of :hug :hug :hug

illinoismommy
06-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Can you keep a bottle by the bed and feed her before you get up and will that put her back to sleep?

I sit when I feed her in the rocking chair next to the bed, she sleeps in the crib which is on the other side of the rocking chair, in the early morning I lay a blanket on our bed and bring her in, but she spits up all over that blanket and its yucky ! :/ (reflux) so I try not to do it if I just fed her.... she has enough troubles with losing food without laying her down if she just ate, kwim? I have nodded off in the rocking chair..... well I think there is no easy solution to this except patience as sometimes they sleep in later than others.... it could be worse, she's stopped waking at 3 am for the day :phew ... oh wait maybe I shouldn't say that :shifty

Linnis
06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I nurse DS and if he's not asleep I put him back in the crib anyway and tell him it's not morning. I will keep getting up to comfort him and pick him up if he actually cries. Normally he gets bored and goes back to sleep or he works on rolling over, crawling etc and wakes mummy up when he's done.

He now plays in in crib every morning for normally 30-45 minutes before I wake up.

illinoismommy
06-04-2007, 06:14 PM
we are taking turns sleeping on an air mattress in the extra room, I've been up the last two nights so tonight I get to sleep, this morning she woke at 4 am ...

klpmommy
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope that works out for you. DH was never coherent enough in the wee hours to be able to do that.

OTOH, I have told him many times that when dd is a teenager & wants to sleep to noon I will be in her room at 5am chipper & awake ready for us to start our day. As my dad (or the Klignons) say "Revenge is a dish best served cold." :giggle :shifty

illinoismommy
06-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I hope that works out for you. DH was never coherent enough in the wee hours to be able to do that.

we have done it before, when david was a baby he took every friday night ... :O

SouthPaw
06-04-2007, 06:56 PM
what is this you speak of, this "DH taking shifts" :shifty

illinoismommy
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
what is this you speak of, this "DH taking shifts" :shifty

I know, isn't he super.... :heart

naturallia
06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Nothing to add, just lots of sympathy. I've got an early riser too- he likes getting up with the sun which is now at 4:30. :doh

illinoismommy
06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
well now she's taken to waking all night long and I'm sooooo tired

MarynMunchkins
06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Banana was (and is) an early riser. :yawn I was exhausted the first 18 months and then she discovered t.v. :shifty

klpmommy
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Banana was (and is) an early riser. :yawn I was exhausted the first 18 months and then she discovered t.v. :shifty

:giggle tv is my early morning sanity saver, too. :shifty

illinoismommy
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
she's been waking every 45 minutes so that I can put the pacifier back in now :/ .... I'm thinking its happening every time she hits the light sleep cycle ... its no good!

klpmommy
06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Have you tried E. Pantley's no cry sleep solution for pacifier use? It was a lot of work so we didn't do it, but then again, we weren't up every 45 minutes either.

illinoismommy
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Have you tried E. Pantley's no cry sleep solution for pacifier use? It was a lot of work so we didn't do it, but then again, we weren't up every 45 minutes either.

Can you give me the cliff notes version? (ie what does it say I should do) I'm getting pretty desperate!