PDA

View Full Version : Geography Bee Winner is a homeschooler

Peaceful Meadows
05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
She said that she studied 6 hours a day and integrated all of her other studies with geography as she prepared for the bee. She also answered every single question correctly in the competition! :rockon

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3204969&page=1

ETA:
The boys and I watched the last 30 minutes of it on PBS last night but I didn't realize she was a homeschooler until today. I sort of wondered though.

Also in the interview that is on the video at the site linked above they asked the "S" question. :rolleyes Here reply was that she had a homeschool support group meeting twice a week and she has fun visiting with her friends there but then she bean dipped and said that she really enjoyed studying geography and that it's fun. :giggle

AttachedMamma
05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
:woohoo And she lives in my town! :jump

deena
05-25-2007, 09:49 PM
:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

The Tickle Momster
05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Very cool! Dh was telling me about this yesterday. He also saw some detail that indicated there are more winners from WA state than any other. 5 times!

slingmamaof4
05-26-2007, 06:06 AM
:rockon :woohoo

ArmsOfLove
05-26-2007, 09:04 AM
that is so awesome :rockon

dd wants to participate in the Spelling Bee this next year. we're starting with Spelling Power when it comes in a week or two so I don't know how far she'll go, but she wants to be involved. Our school does the Spelling and the Geography bees :tu