PDA

View Full Version : Little Hearts for His Glory

RealLifeMama
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Has anyone used this curriculum for ages 5-7? I looked at it at a friend's house yesterday and it seems like something that would be helpful to us right now.
I don't have a lot of time to type right now, so I won't go into why I m thinking about it and conflicted at the same time, but I'd love to know what others think of it. I might also get the preschool one for N, and hope next year we can do the "Beyond LHFHG" because the history seems so neat!

AmyDoll
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
We're going to use Little Hands to Heaven next year, for Sam. I'm pretty excited about it - I love the sample page on the website. If you use it - let me know what you think.

fourbygrace
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I tried to use the preschool one before this, "Little Hands to Heaven". It just did not work for us. I wanted to like it. :) I liked the Bibles and the music tapes, but could not get into the curriculum. :shrug It was too repetitive and slow paced.

That is just my opinion (and ds 's) of course. Other people love it.

RealLifeMama
05-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I tried to use the preschool one before this, "Little Hands to Heaven". It just did not work for us. I wanted to like it. :) I liked the Bibles and the music tapes, but could not get into the curriculum. :shrug It was too repetitive and slow paced.

What did you do with yours? Do you still have it?

AprilBr
05-25-2007, 04:54 AM
I am getting Bigger Hearts for His Glory. I want to get Little Hearts for His Glory for E, but not sure. She is already reading a little and wanting to do some major school with just me. I probably will get S Little Hands to Heaven next year. I have HOH 3yr curriculum but it is too involved for me to use with 3 children.

RealLifeMama
05-25-2007, 05:47 AM
AprilBr,see, I see the ages of your children and think of what you are getting and then I feel like I am holding my children back. DD just turned 6 and she is only reading like the first set of BOB books and a few sight words here and there. The 6-8 yo curric looks betterfor her in a lot of aspects, but I want to cover that history stuff, plus it would be easier to include N in those lessons. N knows very little schoolwise, he just turned 4 and he hardly knows any letters and numbers. He is not ready to write at all.

AprilBr
05-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Amy, this is what I think about teaching multiple children that are still young. They can do science and history together, no problem. It may be a little too advanced for my 4yr old but I can find something that will have it *click* for her. She loves to act things out so that will be a great learning resource for her. I also believe that elementary science goes along with a broad age range. Heart of Dakota utilizes that very well. If you are concerned about your 4yr old, then do a separate preschool program with him. Little Hands to Heaven looks very good (especially that it just lasts about 30min). He can still listen to the readings of history and science and will enjoy them. I would just focus on phonics (and reading instruction) and math (recognition and counting) . LHTH helps with both of those. Do not worry about holding your children back. They are still so young. Go at their pace. I messed up in the beginning and just by the grace of God R loves to read. I hope this helps. :hug

AmyDoll
05-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Amy - there are lots of philosophies that say that preschool kids should be playing and using their imagination. I think boys esp. benefit from the low pressure environment. Waldorf says that kids shouldn't be taught to read/write until they lose their milk teeth :)

LittleSweetPeas
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM

Ditto. These were my feelings after trying LHTH for a few weeks. :shrug

RealLifeMama
05-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Ditto. These were my feelings after trying LHTH for a few weeks. :shrug

That was how I felt with MFW K this year for DD. And I am not a good "unit" person that way- by day 3, I am sick of apples or rocks or whatever.

fourbygrace
05-29-2007, 11:19 AM
What did you do with yours? Do you still have it?

Unfortunately, I sold it to someone last year. :( Otherwise, I would have gladly given it to you.

I think everyone has to do what works for them. It just wasn't my style (or did not fit into our lifestyle), but I think it is a neat curriculum. :yes

Mary

klpmommy
05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm selling my very gently used Little Hands to Heaven on the S&S education board. It just wasn't me. The reviews were really good on it which is why I bought it & I know others will like it. I wish I had liked it & I really tried to.

LittleSweetPeas
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
what's the s&s education board?

AprilBr
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
what's the s&s education board?

Education Swap & Shop
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php/board,142.0.html