PDA

View Full Version : First night out of our bed..

mom2_AthruZ
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Today we set up our extra twin matress and boxspring on the floor next to our bed for Emi. I was beginning to not be able to sleep with her and Ace in bed with us. I felt like a mommy sandwich :giggle. She was excited about it being "her" bed and we made it up with her cozy blanket that MiMi made for her.

I am sure I will have to climb down to her in the night but at least I will have room to roll over where ever it is that I am laying. I hope this is an easy transition. Just wanted to share.

BHope
05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
How exciting!

Hermana Linda
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
:cool Cool! :highfive

So, how has it continued? Still going well?

mom2_AthruZ
06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
So, how has it continued? Still going well?

It has actually gone really well. I nurse her to sleep and then put her down in the bed. She went from nursing 4-5 times at night to 1x within the first few nights. After almost two weeks after the transition we started night weaning. That is going ok. She still wakes once during the night and gets mad that she can't nurse. Not screaming mad but mad enough to want daddy and not me.

Thanks for asking. :)

Hermana Linda
06-14-2007, 12:14 PM
:-) Sounds good. :thumbsup Sorry she gets mad though. She's fine during the day though, right?

mom2_AthruZ
06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
She's fine during the day though, right?

Yes she is just fine during the day. :yes She will accept cuddles and hugs from me all day long but when I say she can't nurse at night then she doesn't want anything from me...only dad.

Hermana Linda
06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, that makes sense. Kind of like me staying as far away from Coldstone as I can. :think I mean, if I'm not going to eat any, why hang out there, you know? Kind of like, not exactly like of course.

mom2_AthruZ
06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Kind of like me staying as far away from Coldstone as I can. think I mean, if I'm not going to eat any, why hang out there, you know? Kind of like, not exactly like of course.

Exactly! :yes :giggle