PDA

View Full Version : help with 3 yr olds need for closeness

momjacsSA
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
We practiced AP full time with C till he was about 2 than due to all the presure around us we treid to get him used to not needing us all the time ( I weaned him at 18 nths). We are planning to move countries, so i know there is allot going on around him and he now wants to be carried all the time and sleep with us again so we have put a spare bed next to ours and hold him when ever we can( we also have an 11 mth old) Do you think we can heal the forsted weaning etc of the past by meeting his needs now. I am new to all the ideas of gentle parenting and i praise god for showing me this way it feels so right but i have regrets of how we have been with him for that year. He is so needy do you think its just the move or could it be that he is seeking what he missed out on. ( we have not started moving just talking about it. )

Sorry this is such an odd post just need some reasurence that he will be ok.

OpalsMom
05-15-2007, 12:19 PM
3-year olds tend to be clingy, regardless. So it's not necessarily about what you did, it's also just about being 3. He'll be OK. (And then he'll be clingy again, and so on. Until, I dunno, about middle age?)

allisonintx
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Go check out the 3yo sticky and follow your heart. :hug