PDA

View Full Version : what is a cloth diaper "second"?

cheri
05-15-2007, 08:06 AM
I received an email about a sale on diaper "seconds"

What is a second? Is is lower quality? Is it used? Stitching is off? Tag backwards? less absorbency?

Aisling
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
yeah, my guess would be some kind of flaw. :shrug

Naked Camper
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
ohhh...what sale on seconds???!!! Usually 'seconds' are factory seconds - slightly flawed

Aisling
05-15-2007, 08:25 AM
:giggle I'm waiting with bated breath, too!

2sunshines
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm assuming that you are referring to cottonbabies sale. Their bum genius one size pockets were on sale last night (I think it was last night) and their bum genius aio's are going on sale tonight. Their seconds that is.

Seconds usually means some small flaw that should only affect how it looks, not how it functions. I've purchased a few second diapers myself and honestly, I have no clue why any of them are seconds. :shrug

If it's not cottonbabies, then I'm anxious to hear who else is having a sale.

Mama Bird
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Seconds could mean that a seam isn't straight, there's a "catch" in the fabric, a wrinkle sewn in, wrong color thread, etc. Could be only cosmetic, but could be something that might effect performance.

blessedwithboys
05-15-2007, 08:32 AM
I *think* that Montana's Diaper Store still has Pocket Change seconds.... ;)

eta- yep! They do :) Here's the link http://www.mtdiaperstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=0_54&products_id=190

2sunshines
05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Oh yea, I forgot about those. :yes

I wish they still had their dream -eze seconds. I'd be all over them.

slingmamaof4
05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Care to share the link for the sales on seconds?

Seconds mean there is a minor flaw, but still functional. I have some and you can't even tell they are seconds.

2sunshines
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Well, there's the mtdiaperstore.com link that was shared above.

then www.cottonbabies.com will have their bum genius aio's 2nds on sale tonight starting at 8.

They sell out quickly so if you want some, better get right on at 8. :yes

cheri
05-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Yes, I was talking about the cottonbabies sale on Bum Genius AIO seconds.

I bought a couple of the BG AIO's and I really like them. But I have no idea what they're going to be charging for seconds?

Anyone know what they charged for the one size BG's?

If the price is right, I'd like to get a couple more, esp. if they're cheaper than the $17.95 I paid for regular ones. But I don't want to even spend $1 if that means they won't work.

expatmom
05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I bought some one size bG 1.0s awhile back for a great price which escapes me right now. Some of the stiching on the suedecloth was done with colored thread rather then white thread. One had a weird tab that looked funny but didn't affect its function. They all work great.

Naked Camper
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I got a BG second from them a month or so ago and am very pleased. I dont know why i get so excited about sales b/c I have a snap press and fabric here at home...I just need to start sewing.

musicmama
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I love love love the bG AIO's, I might ask DH if I can get a couple of larges tonight, and I'll get some for mine and ElliesMom's friend who's having a baby! They dry MUCH faster than my SB AIO's.

I've gotten LOTS :giggle of seconds from bG and never noticed anything different than the first quality...

last time, the bG AIO seconds were $10.

Firebird Rising
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
My entire stash is Fuzzi Buns seconds and I've never had a problem with them.

Jen D.

BeckaBlue
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
only one second i own i have any clue what the problem is (the elastic in the back is twisted once) none have any functionability issues