PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Solarveil

musicmama
05-11-2007, 06:38 AM
DH said I could get a new sling for Mother's Day even though it won't be a surprise :heart

SBP is stocking points today and I thought I'd try for a Solarveil sling because Sophia and I are both REALLY hot natured AND I live in GA. Is it a good idea? Is is comfy? Is it soft? Is it supportive? Will I love it?

:popcorn

birthchic
05-11-2007, 04:55 PM
We're in GA, too! :)I just had my Solarveil pouch on yesterday... I wear it as sun protection or in the water- which it is very good at. However it is not as comfy as cotton, that's for sure. It is not stretchy and is actually rather hot. I think if you have all the other crriers you want it is a nice addition to have for the beach or the pool.

TuneMyHeart
05-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Did you decide? I've read over and over that solarveil is just not very comfy, so unless you want it specifically for the pool or beach, I'd get something pretty you want and will wear all the time. I say get silk. :mrgreen A single layer silk sling would be cool for the summer.

waterbaby
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a solarveil mei tai and it's the only carrier I've been using now that it's so stinking hot out. I find it very comfy (otherwise I wouldn't wear it!)