PDA

View Full Version : I think we are doing this next year...

righteous mama
05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.areasonfor.com/HomeSchool/Default.aspx

...what do you think?

MamaMansa
05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
My kids LOVE A Reason for Handwriting. To me, it doesn't look much different than any other handwriting program, but they like the format and the fact that it incorporates bible verses. :tu My DD is done with handwriting, but my DS actually ASKS to do it everyday (which almost never happens around here).

I haven't tried any of the other subjects, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used the science program.

HomeGrownBlessings
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
we are also trying to decide about this - a reason for handwriting. I was trying to decide between this and zaner-bloser, and i liked this better. i think the cursive looks better, particularly the letters m and n.

i'd like to know what others think :)

musicmommy
05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
We've used A Reason for Handwriting and ds (7.5 yo) loves it. On the final day of the week, the student does the Bible Verse on a border sheet. My dh has a frame at work that he puts them in so he has a revolving display. It also gives BigC a little extra incentive to do his best work on it and take time and color it. He's so proud to go in to daddy's office and see his work displayed.

We've also used A Reason for Spelling. It has some cool ideas for different ways of working on the words, but BigC got tired of it all after a couple of months.

SueQ
05-03-2007, 04:25 AM
I didn't even know that A Reason for Science was out there!
From the site Marcella linked to:
A Reason For Science is based on the premise that learning science is an active process. It's something children do, not something done to them.
:tu From what I read on the general information page, it is hands-on, but also uses group discussion, problem solving, and journaling. Sounds like a fun curriculum.