PDA

View Full Version : Five in a row? Time spent? What did you add?

atkelley
05-02-2007, 05:13 AM
I have FIAR on my list of possibilities. For those of you that have or are using this I have a few questions. Can you please tell me how long did you spend on it each day total? Did it leave time for other subjects and activities? What other things did you feel had to be added to it? Also did you add any workworks?
I have 2 chldren, my son is 6.5 and my daughter is 3.5. FIAR looks like something they could do together and then maybe I could still spend time with each of them on the other things they wanted to do.
My son is really wanting to learn more animal stuff. I am wanting to pick a curriculum that will allow me extra time for science, etc.

The Tickle Momster
05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Well, you'll have to add phonics and maybe some math. For us, since we were using it for K, it would only take about 30 minutes total. This of course depends on how many of the activities you choose. We ended up switching to My Father's World mfwbooks.com It spends all of K on God's creation and there is lots of room for adding science. Not sure about 1st grade yet.

For your 3.5 dd, I would look into the BFIAR book and list. There are some definite 'don't miss' books on that list.