PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal w/the constant movement???

hey mommy
04-30-2007, 09:22 AM
C took a nap y'day on the way home from my BF's house, so I knew that he wouldn't go to sleep until late. Well, we finally went to bed at 10:15 and he was still awake. He climbed in bed w/us about 10:45 and fell intoa restless sleep. He tossed and turned until after 12 and I couldn't take anymore and carried him back to his bed.

So, for those who do co-sleep all the time, how do you handle them always moving??? This wasn't really a one time thing either, he is always moving some part of his body, even while sleeping. It drives me insane!!

BHope
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
In my experience children who co-sleep learn co-sleeping manners. It's part of sleep sharing. On the other hand, a child who has always slept in his/her own space or maybe has recently been sleeping in his/her own space may not realize (or forget) how to co-sleep kindly. ;) I know there will ALWAYS be exceptions to this... but it's been my experience.

My DD1 co-slept with us through January this year. The last couple months she's been on her own. Then last week were at my mom's house and she crawled into bed with me and about drove me NUTS with all her tossing and turning and wiggling. To such a point that I moved her to the floor. lol. She's just forgotten how to share her sleep space, that's all.

hey mommy
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
He's been co-sleeping w/us on/off for the past 5 years. But yeah, mostly in his bed though. thanks..