PDA

View Full Version : tell me about Storchenwiege

Grover
04-24-2007, 09:08 AM
:think I must stop buying slings :shifty but the Storchenwiege looks so comfy and oohhh.

abbzchld
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes, it is comfie and I love mine! My dd is around 23 lbs and I have no pressure points or soreness wearing her in a back cross carry for a few hours. I do get sore shoulders with a longterm rucksack.

I haven't tried any other wraps except homemades ones and a Moby. It was a huge splurge to purchase a Storch. More then a couple of friends said, "um, it looks like a long piece a fabric...isn't that a little expensive?" Well, yes, it is a long piece of fabric. But oh what a fabric! :heart

The Tickle Momster
04-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I have one too and LOVE it! In fact, if you can only buy one wrap/carrier, I'd recommend splurging on the more expensive ones. Either storch or didy. I haven't worn my dd2 consistently, so am only comfy for about an hour, but so much better than my meitai.

jarofclay
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
:nak
I love mine! When my son was three months old he weighed 23 pounds so he was too heavy for the moby anymore. I read on here how much people like the storchenweige I haven't been disappointed!

Grover
04-25-2007, 08:02 AM
so whats the difference between a didymos and a Storchenwiege or an ellaroowrap[i think thats what it was called]
Am i right that the baby can have its legs down [not froggy]in a Storchenwiege ?

The Tickle Momster
04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I think it is mostly the material. I have both Ellaroo and Storch. The ellaroo is much thinner. I actually put a finger through it once, by accident. The storch is much thicker and stronger and stretchier. I can't speak for the didy. Froggy style is optional in either the storch or the ellaroo. They are both wraps, unless you are looking at the ellaroo meitai?

abbzchld
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Here is a thread I started before making my purchase: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=84976.0

I think the consensus is that you can't go wrong with a Didy or a Storch!

Grover
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Here is a thread I started before making my purchase: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=84976.0

I think the consensus is that you can't go wrong with a Didy or a Storch!

thanks for that :think
As I said I am fast becoming a collector of slings.I have a MT,which Iuse absolutely every day and its comfortable for me but we are having a couple of issues with it.firstly S 's legs.he is getting so big and strong and in the froggy leg position he seems to be getting uncomfortable,he isnt yet big enough to wrap his legs round me.
with the hotsling he still grunts in the cradle,we have devised our own position but its not hands free.
we have a luvlugs with a pattern that matches my diaper bag but its for babies with head control,which S only has in bursts before he gets :yawn tired
On the plus side we dont need a stroller :rockon and we have back up slings for when he pukes or I spill my drink

Marrae
04-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Sam, have you seen the didymos on ebay? It's sitting at around a tenner at the moment with a tenner shipping. (It's from Germany.)
It's a size 7, I don't know what that means though.

made4more
04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
storch and didy are quite a bit alike. But there are so many diff didys to choose from. I think I've tried them all :giggle Thanks to the baby wearer fsot!!!! Storch is great for the price, they are very sturdy/heavy duty - but I like didys :) storches stripes are thick and heavy. I've had 3 Leos, and they haveall 3 felt diff.. I liked one of them. I dont understand the inconsistencies... one was thin and I'd use it in the summer, the other 2 were thick and blanket like.

Grover
04-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Sam, have you seen the didymos on ebay? It's sitting at around a tenner at the moment with a tenner shipping. (It's from Germany.)
It's a size 7, I don't know what that means though.

im off to look :cool