PDA

View Full Version : Doing a happy dance...and looking for homeschooling groups

MidnightCafe
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Ok, this is two posts in one.

First, Mane read her first book last night!! :jump2 It was a Henry & Mudge pre-level 1 book. She's been able to sound out words for a long time, but she hasn't been interested in actually reading and didn't seem to make the connection that sounding out words meant she could actually read something meaningful. Well, last night she took a big leap after we visited the library. She was showing lots of interest in the early reader books. So, we brought some home. And she decided to just do it. ....of course, as is typical with her whenever she makes a huge learning leap, she was crabbier than ever today, and I expect a rough weekend. Anybody else have that experience? She was like that with learning to crawl, walk, talk, etc... Every major developmental leap warrants an emotional week. :shrug

Now second, does anybody know of any homeschooling groups in the Twin Cities? I know about the major homeschooling associations, but I'm just looking for a small group of parents to talk with or do field trips with sometimes. Any thoughts?

Hermana Linda
04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Way to go, Mane! :highfive

Sweet Life
04-13-2007, 07:43 PM
You've likely already found this, but just in case:
http://www.home-school.com/groups/MN.html

Now second, does anybody know of any homeschooling groups in the Twin Cities? I know about the major homeschooling associations, but I'm just looking for a small group of parents to talk with or do field trips with sometimes. Any thoughts?

SilverMoon
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
:rockon