View Full Version : Talk to me about My Father's World

Close2MyHeart
04-10-2007, 05:45 AM
What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?
Where did you buy it?
Is it worth the price?

Any other thoughts?

:popcorn << Still looking for curriculum for next year.

mama-hobbit
04-10-2007, 06:21 AM
:heart :heart :heart it!

I like the daily lesson plans.
I wish the k & 1st grade had been timed to do the same projects at the same time 'cause we kept repeating things...
I got it from the website.
Yup.

:)

Gentle Journey
04-10-2007, 07:05 AM

I'm just starting, but it seems like it'll be a lot of fun

I don't like that I have to go to the library and use outside sources like encyclopedias, which we dont have. I'd rather just have everything I need in my homeschooling box.

Where did you buy it?
From the site

Is it worth the price?
IDK yet....I bought deluxe and an extra student set so it cost me nearly $300. I think I'd have to be further in before I can say if it's worth it.

Any other thoughts?

Not yet...ask me in two months :yes

:popcorn << Still looking for curriculum for next year.

The Tickle Momster
04-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Keep in mind we are doing a modified K this year.

It is all laid out for me, scripts, bible verses, etc. Also, you can keep your kids together except for math and language arts. And the materials are mostly non-consumable.

Hmmm, I'm not sure there is anything I don't like. Maybe cause it's not quite as Charlotte Mason as I would prefer.

Where did you buy it?
Used from a wonderful gcm momma

Is it worth the price?
I think so. Especially the later years when there are no consumables so what you buy you use for all your kids

Any other thoughts?
The K year is really fun, focusing on God's world and learning biblical truths that apply to young kids lives.

OnlyBelieve
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I just finished Kindergarten and ordered first grade...came in the mail yesterday and I am quiteexcited.
The price is not bad. I think it is quite reasonable for what you get. I also like the fact that many of the activities can be used for different grades. My 2 year old participated in some of the Kindergarten activities. I like the flexibility of it. You can always skip some of the activities if you wish and add others.
I especially like the way the incorporate the Bible and God into it in a natural way.
I bought it from the web site.