PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about this?

illinoismommy
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
http://moxie. blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/06/babies_and_cio.html :scratch

milkmommy
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually I overall agree. I have a dd who does very well being parented down right until shes nice and tired and then trust me when I say leave her alone cause staying will cause her to start screaming tantrumig and to be up for hours. If we catch her sweet time that period of calm shes goes peacefully to sleep but sometimes we do miss it and yes its better to allow her a little release time.
What I'd warn against though is
1) assuming it must be this we learned her needs after we'd seen consistant patterns happening over time not Oh I have a 2 month old I think shes just releasing stress

2) assuming all crying is just some needed energy released. When my DD overly tired and "needs" the release she can cry but its fairly brief and its get better fast not worse. Crying that increases tells us something else is wrong and she needs us.

3) assuming that they ALWAYS will need to cry, I've heard the comment my child just needs to release the energy and on one hand I can agree on the other I wonder if others things need to change. I'll use my own as an exampe. Bedtime happends around 8pm here her big time sleepy signs is her grabbing her blankets and layin down on the couch or on me. Even though I can ussually get her in bed (mine or hers) and asleep with in oh 10 mintues tops some crying is almost guarenteed cause by then she "sweet cuddle time" has passed the crying is brief and deffiently falls into the need to release catagory. However we learn even earlier signs (ear tugging, asking for drinks etc) and we know itstime to settle down we do bath and books and cuddles at this time so that by the times shes trying to curl up with her blanket we can simpily give her kisses and allow her to drift off the rest alone respecting this need for her body and its done tear free. This isn't to say crying never happens it does and sometimes yes letting her have that time is best. but the idea that all kids or even some NEED that there with out any exceptions anytime must cry I disagree with.

Deanna