PDA

View Full Version : Any Virginia homeschoolers here?

Wendy
04-06-2007, 08:30 AM
We've just found out that we'll be moving to the DC area this summer. I am so excited, except that the laws where we are now are more hs-friendly than either Virginia or Maryland. I imagine we will end up in VA to reduce dh's commute, and from what I can tell, we qualify for the religious exemption, but at the same time, the statute is worded in a way that kind of makes it seem like "they" don't want you to use the RE. Even the homeschool sites I've googled seem to discourage the use of the RE so that it won't be abused and possibly revoked. :scratch So are there any RE-VA-HS-GCM mamas? Can you give me the scoop?

Wendy
04-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Forgive the bump...I'm still hoping for some insight on this :)

AmyDoll
04-24-2007, 09:07 AM
The HSDAL is based in Northern Virginia :) It's really easy to HS in Virginia & there are lots of HSers here :)

Beyond Blessed
04-25-2007, 07:30 PM
We've been hs'ing in Northern Virgnia for three years. No hassles as of yet. :) DH submitted a copy of his diploma and it's been smooth sailing. Just test at the end of each year and submit (we do a home test from Seton - only $25 - it's not very comprehensive, but it makes the State happy). Plenty of co-ops and homeschool groups to choose from in the NoVa area.

2ds1dd
05-23-2007, 06:06 AM
I've been using the corospondence option in VA. not sure yet about next year.

Send me a PM when you find a place!