PDA

View Full Version : Reusable curriculum?

mamahammer
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Is there any way to find out which curriculum lines are able to be reused for other kids?

Or could you just let me know if you know of reusable curriculum sets?

Thanks!

Leslie
03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Most "living books" curriculums, like Sonlight, use regular reading books that can be re-used. As long as a curriculum doesn't have consumable workbooks, it could be re-used.

Close2MyHeart
03-14-2007, 05:27 AM
:yes what Leslie said. I also know some parents who copy workbooks (which I'm not sure is exactly legal) or use a wipe off cover over each page.

mamahammer
03-14-2007, 05:43 AM

Winkie
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I know that MFW is definitely re-usable. That's why they chose some of their LA recommendations (Spelling Power, PLL, ILL) so you only have to buy them once for your whole family. With MFWK and 1st, you need to buy a set of worksheets/consumables when the next child is ready for that program - it's $35 for K and $50 for 1st (because there's more to replace - each child gets to have their own Bible reader :tu). For the levels beyond that, it's not packaged. I haven't looked too closely yet, but I think Adventures & ECC use stickers, so I suppose you'd need to replace those, but the majority of the curriculum should be re-usable as is.

I haven't used WP, but did get their catalog once. For us, it's too pricy (our ILL library system works well) and I think you still have to add some subjects that MFW includes. My :twocents

~Wendy (who is trying very hard not to, but feeling like a MFW broken record :lol )

mamahammer
03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks, Wendy! You don't sound like a broken record at all :) I have been leaning toward MFW, so that's definitely useful info!