PDA

View Full Version : Prefold belt?

Mama Rophe
03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Has anyone used this. They sell it at the ec store. I was just wondering how it works. TIA

Mama Rophe
03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Bump :poke

allisonintx
03-13-2007, 01:13 PM
It looks like a big ole scrunchie.

Mama Rophe
03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
That's basically what it is with velcro in the front. It says to fold the diaper over the belt. I really can't picture it in my mind how this would hold the diaper up.

me
03-14-2007, 10:16 AM
For younger babies a prefold belt is really nice to have. For Ec'd babies it's a wonderful thing to have.
I made my own from a wide piece of elastic and covered with fleece. I didnt like the velcro so I made another that was just a big scrunchie like allison mentioned. I used the velcroless one a lot when we were in the house.
Since we Ec'd dd use to get every bm in the potty when younger so poop wasnt really an issue. It was very easy to slip the prefold out of the front to offer the potty then just tuck it back in. Or when I tried ec'ing at night. I could go in and slip out the wet prefold and tuck in another without her waking.
It was very nice to have for the purposes I used it for. But I dont know how well it would work for an older more active child or for holding in bm's. Once dd got more active I stopped using the belt and it was about that time she also started pooping in her diaper.