PDA

View Full Version : My conversation with David Quine about a new history curriculum

Lindawn7
02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Our homeschool coop is just down the street from David Quine's (Cornerstone Curriculum) home. I needed some books for my DD's Worldview class so I just stopped by to get them. He is always so gracious and as he was taking my information he asked me if he couold get some feedback about a new history curriculum he was working on :yes.....

He is working on an elementary history that will be alot like Worldviews but for 3rd through Jr. High. It will be literature based. He told me one of the goals will be to teach the children about other cultures (he used China as an example). He handed me some books about China and Marco Polo. He will include learning some phrases in Chinese and translating John 1 from English into Chinese. :jawdrop

I am so excited!! It sounds like something I will love to teach to my kids..... I can't wait!

SueQ
02-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow!!! Sounds interesting! So am I understanding correctly that he gave you a sample to try and then review for him? That is so neat! :yes