PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2 and we're done with preschool??

illinoismommy
02-27-2007, 10:02 AM
He knows his letters, almost all of them(maybe all? some mixes), he can count to 20 and identify 1-10 by sight, colors, shapes, etc. All good. We never did anything like "letter of the week" :shrug he just knows this stuff. Isn't this all preschool stuff? He's done it already and hes a toddler. I'm so proud :mrgreen :heart .... hmmmm.... what now.... :scratch do preschoolers learn to write?

MarynMunchkins
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Ana's been writing since she was 3. :) Mostly copying other things. She also *loves* to draw.

GodisGood
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
:yes yes they do as well as reading, math concepts, science, etc.

milkmommy
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
"preschool' really isn''t about learning letter or counting ect :shrug (weather at home or in a "formal" setting) its just to begining of a learning journey don't focus so much on a check list just take his lead and learn. Does he show intrest in writing then go a head and show him he might take off. (mine did) what does he like? Go to museums take walks visit the fire stations whatever and feed his intrest. Practice appropiate social skills and this is not shoving him into a class room, but things like practicing going to the bank and waiting patiently call them up most will be glad to help show you child what goes on have him choose a friend and go to a "fancier" reastraunt after talking about manners and practicing a more formal setting at home. Show him how he can "fit" nto this world and how he can be important eeven at two, visit a nursing home they love to visit with little ones do art projects play games that reinforce his skills and maybe challange the next step. Let him play and be a child. :rockon Your doing great :mrgreen

Deanna

illinoismommy
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
do boys write later? he sure got into coloring later... only now does he actually like to color and its by no means sophisticated :giggle

Eh, I just wanted to share something good about my tot.... :heart

milkmommy
02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
do boys write later? he sure got into coloring later... only now does he actually like to color and its by no means sophisticated :giggle

Eh, I just wanted to share something good about my tot.... :heart

Boys in gereral well are boys and he'll likely be more into "bigger" movement than the more tedious writting and thats totally fine. And brag away Mamma b proud!!!!! :rockon :rockon :rockon

Deanna

GodisGood
02-27-2007, 12:05 PM
:yes :yes :yes

RedTulipMoon
03-03-2007, 10:25 AM
my son also knows all that at 2 1/2. See what else he is interested in. Does he like building stuff like with leggos? How about tracing or stenciling, see if he would like to do that kind of thing. They all have such different interests. If he want to start practicing writing his letters, i say go for it!