PDA

View Full Version : Here's What I Don't Get...

re4mdmom
01-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Here's what I don't get- it is illegal for a man to hit a woman and vice-versa. There are "Christian" husbands out there who spank their wives when their wives disobey. No, I am not kidding :mad They call it discipline/chastisement/punishment whatever. Still, that is illegal.

And yet, its perfectly legal for an adult to hit a child as long as its called discipline. There are limits, of course, but why are adults protected in this way and not children??

Feel free to move this topic if this isn't the right place... I'm new to the boards :)

Jennifer

ArmsOfLove
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
yep :(

check out the thread in this forum about the history channel's episode about the history of sex

Heather Micaela
01-22-2007, 12:47 PM
wow, I admore your boldness to make this your first post :) I started in polls and games :giggle. Welcome

And, yes, that is incredibly sad to me too :(

milkmommy
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
It makes little sense . I'd love it if no child or adult was ever hit. I do though think its a complicated situation. Extreme abuse weather on a Child or adult is pretty much a no brainer no child or adult needs to be in a physically dangerous situation. I do think its those "umm controlled :rolleyes spankings and even "agreed upon :rolleyes spousal disciplines that get well complicated especially with kids. I'm 100% anti spanking smacking even punishment but I have slipped I have struck my child in frustration :cry My own parents did spank us on occasion though while I disagree with that I wouldn't say I was abused. I'd hate to think that my child could have been taken from be cause I made a mistake I cringe at thinking I could have been removed from my parents cause ofthe few times they spanked. I think that in many cases removing a child from an overall positive enviroment can be much more damaging than a parent who occasionally slips up. I would like to see more awarness. Even if its a saturation of 30 second TV comercials giving alternitives solutions. For many they spank cause its all they know. Its sad all around.

Deanna

3PeasInAPod
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
That's what I've always said too! I think I read it somewhere...why is it not okay to hit our loved ones when we're adults, but it's perfectly permissable to hit a 25 lb toddler?
It's such a good question, that should cause people to really mull over.