PDA

View Full Version : ring sling, what side to wear? and... when/how often do you wear baby/kid?

made4more
01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
i have them on the right, cuz it feels natural to adjust the tail with my right hand, but I can't get anything done hardly, because I can't lift my right arm. SO is it supposed to be on the left? ps- I have a baby on me. I've never been a baby wearer before, I kindof like it. but how often do you wear your young'n? can I see benefits somewhere of baby wearing? I just know that she started to fuss, I picked her up and carried her in the burp position / fetal position on my tummy and she started to go to sleep so I got the sling and she's great. passed out!

Rabbit
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I think you're doing it right. It goes over my right shoulder, too, though you can turn a sling to go over your left shoulder as well, but I feel all backwards when I do that. Not being able to lift my right arm drives me batty as well, but I've gotten used to it.

Katigre
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Check out this link on another message board - there are example photos of different kinds of carriers, and on the first post are a bunch of great articles about all the ways babywearing is *so* beneficial.

Baby Carrier and Sling Info (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28597)

made4more
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
that link looks fantastic- from what I've read so far. babywearing is :heart

abbiroads
01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm so glad you are enjoyinh your baby so much!

Iarwain
01-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I usually try to switch sides to even it out somewhat so I don't get tweaked in one direction and wind up spending way too much time with the chiro. Also because I often nurse in the sling (when they're little) it's easier to do it one way than the other. I can nurse from both sides without switching shoulders but one way is more comfortable than the other.

With a teeny tiny baby and a bunch of other munchkins running about I'd say that some form of babywearing is taking place for the majority of the day. (Was with my other kids and will again very, very soon in this house!) It's just so much easier to deal with household stuff and other kids that way.

PurpleButterfly
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Amy, do you have a mei tai? You will have some shoulder/arm limitations with the ring sling, whereas with a MT you are much more hands-free and baby is nice and secure. :yes

made4more
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
i dont have one, you can carry a newborn inone?

PurpleButterfly
01-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Absolutely, very securely, comfortably and hands-free. :yes PM'ing you now about this...