PDA

View Full Version : I have an ally now

Beauty4Ashes
01-04-2007, 12:43 PM
A friend of mine has a son who is about Danny's age and she's pregnant with twins. We were talking about how in the evenings, we both struggle so much as mothers, how we get irritable over stupid things and aren't always nice. She said, if you ever feel bad like that, call me. I said, last night it was really late when I was having so many problems. She said, my dh is studying for his boards, and from 6-11pm, I struggle. If I am not busy, come over to my house and have a cup of tea. It will be therapeutic for both of us. She told me that she went to a friend's house from 7-9pm last night and it did her a world of good. Wow. This beats (no pun intended) hearing that they shouldn't be crying for no reason, that they have to be punished some times, etc.

Jenny
01-04-2007, 12:49 PM
It's so nice to have a real-life friend who understands, isn't it? :)

Beauty4Ashes
01-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Yes, definitely. She is Muslim. Now if I could find some Christian AP friends...I have another friend who is Hindu and AP...

Lilly_of the_ Fields
01-04-2007, 10:15 PM
AP is much more of a dominant practise for people who have middle eastern, african, latin, indigenous or asian cultural origins and their associated religions. We can learn a lot from traditional, non western-european parenting approaches imho, esp in regards to the closeness of the family unit.

Beauty4Ashes
01-05-2007, 06:25 PM
True. What I meant to say, though, is that my Indian/Pakistani/Hindu/Muslim friends tend to have a more gentle view of children then say my Nigerian Christian friend. My Nigerian friend, yes, she does some times wear her baby and bf and I think at some point she has co-slept. But she is of the Dobson mindset wrt discipline. And with women that go to the church I used to attend, there was this pervasive adversarial mindset.